U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 11:26 PM

Closed

Can’t activate due to past tenant

I purchased Xfinity internet service  and after much effort of trying to activate my service, was told by an associate that a previous tenant in my building had Xfinity and therefore I can’t activate my modem/router. What am I supposed to do? I’ve been sent a billing statement and I haven’t even been able to use it at all yet, nor can I even be sure the person who had Xfinity here doesn’t still live in the building. I personally don’t and have never had Xfinity internet, so why is this effecting me?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_525c4c 

It's not a tenant in the building but the tenant that lived there before you; they have an outstanding bill.  You will need a copy of your lease showing that you live at that address now and take it to your nearest Comcast store to show them.  They should be able to unblock the apartment so that you can activate your service.  An account isn't just tied to an account number or person, but also to the residence.

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 years ago

Concern moved here to the proper help section..

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

3 years ago

The best idea is to do here is to go into a local store with all your paperwork. Take an id, a lease or rental agreement, and that pay stub and they can get it all handled for you right there. If you need, you can sendf me a DM and I can even find the store in your area. You can send me the DM by following these directions: 

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Let me know if you have any questions, @

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here