U

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 10:46 PM

Cannot cancel NOW internet service

I've been trying to cancel my NOW internet service for two days and it seems to be the unsolvable problem for Xfinity. I've talked with multiple customer service agents and nobody can successfully cancel it. I'm unable to cancel it myself from my account page because I've been getting a "There's been an error. Try again later" message every single time I try for the last 48+ hours. 

I'm at a loss for what to do and Xfinity can't even seem to solve the problem and I'm stuck paying for a service I can't even use because I get the same error message when I try turning off auto-pay.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

22 days ago

Hey there, user_83y9te, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your NOW Internet services. Here is a link with the steps to cancel your services, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/now-portal-overview. Are you attempting to cancel prior to activation or after?

3 Messages

Hi there,

I've followed these steps many, many times and all I get is an error message telling me to try again later. I'm trying to cancel after activation.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_83y9te - Can you walk me through the steps you're taking? Within the NOW Portal, you can discontinue your services at any time by turning off automatic payments. To turn off automatic payments, select See details on the NOW home page for your NOW Internet or NOW Mobile services and then select Turn off autopay. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice and will then receive a confirmation message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 days ago

Were you able to cancel?I called a month ago and canceled and this week was fraudulently bills $30.  I am having the same issues. I've talked to 17 people's over two days and 6 hours found out NOW Internet is 100% self serve so no one can touch it. My app shows it active but when I select autopay or setting to try and do anything it says I don't have now Internet so I can't turn off autopay. I canceled my debit card and disputed the charges with my bank and am highly considering speaking to an attorney because there are laws about making it difficult to cancel and refusing to turn off autopay when requested. 

3 Messages

@user_50etak​ I'm in the same boat. It's been 2 weeks of me talking to someone nearly daily trying to cancel or turn off autopay, so I finally had to report my debit card as lost so they just can't charge me. And every customer service person I talk with gives me the BS line of "Don't worry, I'll solve your problem and ensure you leave here happy!" Can't recall the last time I left a conversation with Xfinity happy.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_83y9te - This is not the feeling we want and we appricate the oppurnity to turn this feeling around. You can discontinue your services at any time by turning off automatic payments. To turn off automatic payments, select See details on the NOW home page for your NOW Internet or NOW Mobile services and then select Turn off autopay. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice and will then receive a confirmation message.

How to purchase or manage your NOW Mobile and NOW Internet subscription

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here