PLCMAN's profile

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

Thursday, July 15th, 2021 2:38 AM

Closed

CANCELLING Home Security

What is the best way to cancel Xfinity Home Security. I have been getting the run around with the Artificial Intelligent Agents, Agents on the phone and the website. I am cancelling due to the following unresolved issues.

1. The Xfinity Home App is terrible, about 60% of the time it does not connect. I am tired to un-installing and re-installing to fix the issues.

2. The wireless keypads are terrible. The proximity sensors on two of  the three keypads do not work all the time and you have to touch the keypad to wake it up.

3. The wireless keypads do not provide a "Active" indication of the Alarm armed status. Xfinity replaced the original Honeywell keypads and alarm panel that was installed in the home in 2017, which we purchased new. We were told that the Xfinity keypads were better than the Honeywell and provide all of the same features.

4. The On-Line portal is being discontinued.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I understand how frustrating it can be when services aren't working correctly and we always want to ensure that your home security is in good working condition. I would be able to assist you with your request. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"
Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here