E

Friday, February 9th, 2024 4:52 AM

Cancel Peacock Premium Rewards

I subscribed to Peacock Premium for free as a Diamond Rewards member. The offer doesn't include an option to upgrade to Premium Plus. I've spoken to or messaged with half a dozen people and no one has been able to figure out how to cancel the premium subscription so I can sign up for premium plus. I ended up cancelling my internet on 1/20 and Peacock is still telling me that my account is showing as billed through Xfinity so Xfinity has to cancel the subscription. The last person I messaged with said I had to have an active Xfinity account in order to cancel Peacock which made no sense since I couldn't get Peacock canceled while I was still a customer. I've had multiple people tell me they have submitted a ticket but there hasn't been any follow up. Posting this to see if anyone has had any luck with resolving this.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

6 months ago

@Egjaz Thank you for reaching out to us for help with canceling out the free rewards subscription for peacock premium. I searched our details and the only option I'm showing is to manage the subscription while a customer and through a streaming device. I'm sorry you have had so much trouble trying to complete this task. I would love to help out and work with my back office team to assist us. I have heard of some people using alternate email addresses to set up a premium plus account, but I would be happy to work with our team to have your current address unlinked from the free account. Can you please send us a direct message with your name and service address?

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

3 months ago

I've had the exact same problem. Contacted both Comcast and Peacock, and both said that they were unable to cancel the free (i.e. with ads) Peacock "Premium" on my Xfinity account.

I want to remove it so that I can sign up for Peacock via Apple and share it with other family members.

I just saw the reply above. It is consistent with what one Xfinity employee told me on the phone - that I should sign up for a set-top box, have them send it to me, I hook it up, use it to remove the subscription, and send it back. Which is WILD. Figure out how to do it on your end!!! I'm sending a message directly to see if that helps.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_w1i80r I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. Another option would be to use a different email address to sign in. Have you tried that already? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityDilary That is not a reasonable solution to the request made by @user_w1i80r. No one should be required to give up an existing account in order to sign up for a different plan. Maybe @XfinityPaula can provide information on how my issue was resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Egjaz Have you attempted to contact Peacock directly? Here: https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/cancellation is a helpful article. Otherwise, please send us a Direct Message with your full name, and complete address, so we may look into this further. We look forward to your reply.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ I have contacted Peacock directly, per my above post: "I've had the exact same problem. Contacted both Comcast and Peacock, and both said that they were unable to cancel the free (i.e. with ads) Peacock "Premium" on my Xfinity account."

3 Messages

@Egjaz​ thank you. I agee. I'm not messing around with alternate email accounts because Xfinity have difficulty performing basic account administration.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here