U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 16th, 2022 7:27 PM

Closed

Can not return equipment after moving to a different state

I moved in early-April to a new state in an area that does not have an Xfinity store nearby. By this I mean the closest one is more than 6 hours away. I did not take my equipment to a store when I cancelled because of the convenience implied in returning it via UPS as stated here, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment and in the cancellation email I received from Xfinity.

Well, more than a month and several hours of speaking with representatives later, it has not been convenient at all. UPS will not accept the equipment without a return label, and I cannot print a return label from their site (see below)

Seriously, with the amount of times I've seen others have this same problem, this needs to be looked at as a considerable problem with the return process. I've been told several things in my talks with Xfinity representatives:
1. they will send me a label via mail (never happened)
2. they will email me a label I can print out (never happened)
3. create my own label on the UPS site (how would I do that? I don't know where they send the equipment to, and I am  not going to pay for that shipping when it is expressly stated that Xfinity has a deal with UPS to return equipment.
4. hold on to my equipment until I happen to visit a Xfinity store. (so just keep it on my person in the unlikely event I come across a store, when the nearest is more than 6 hours away...? Really...?)
The resolution I am looking for is a free way to return my equipment, as promised by Xfinity when I cancelled service. Or, just don't charge me for it and I can get rid of it. Either way, I don't want it sitting around anymore. I don't use it, and I don't want it.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear you are having this issue. I want to get to the bottom of this as well so can you please send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and old service address? Thank you!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Thank you, I've messaged them.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have a similar issue however I went to a store nearby and they rejected my return.

Now I am on the phone seeking help and the poor phone customer service assistant is also baffled. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there. You can return the equipment to any Xfinity store, or UPS facility. If you bring it to a UPS store, just let them know the equipment needs to go back to Comcast and they'll take care of it for you. They'll box it up and ship it back to us for free. They have our return address in their system, as we have a partnership with them. Make sure to get a receipt to keep for your records.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMorgan​  Why didn't they accept my device at the Xfinity store?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

I have no idea, what did they say?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

She scanned the Flexbox and said that she could not accept it and that I should print a label online.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

I have never heard of that. Which store location did you visit? 

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here