U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 1:11 PM

Closed

Can I bring equipment for return to any UPS Store? Apparently not.

Can I bring equipment for return to any UPS Store? Apparently not. 

I recently moved to an area not serviced by Xfinity and brought my cable box to the local UPS Store for return. I had the shipping label with me that was provided by Xfinity. When I mentioned that the UPS Store was to package and ship the item at no cost to me, he looked perplexed. I was also annoyed that he kept referring to me as "boss." After a couple minutes I finally asked him how much for a box; it was $8.00. 

In Xfinity's return instructions it says "you may bring your equipment to the store and a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us." 

Perhaps you should mention that that means a UPS Store in an area that is served by Xfinity? It only cost me eight bucks for a box, but eight bucks is eight bucks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Hello user_0987de. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thanks for creating your post. We apologize for any frustration caused by your recent shipping of Xfinity equipment via UPS. 

For equipment return options, and through instructions on how to return Xfinity equipment, please review the information posted on our website here:

How to Return Your Xfinity Equipment

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So your answer is to follow the instructions on the Xfinity website. I did follow the instructions. I took the equipment to the local UPS Store in Virginia Beach, but the guy in the store had not a clue about Xfinity returns.

I'm suggesting that one of two things should happen. Either you should mention on the website that the return must be brought to a UPS Store in an Xfinity service area or the guy in the UPS Store in Virginia Beach needs to receive instruction on Xfinity's deal with UPS.

Thanks for your reply, though.

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

We appreciate your feedback, @user_0987de. Sorry for the experience. If you still need help returning the equipment, my team would be happy to help by sending you a SIK return kit so you can mail the equipment back. Would that be a better option for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here