U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 26th, 2021 4:48 PM

Closed

Cable line cut

We are digging in the yard and cut a cable line that was marked improperly.  How do I get someone to fix the line 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_016578, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We definitely want to ensure this is addressed for you as soon as possible. Have your services gone offline since the line was cut? Is the cut line posing any kind of hazard/safety issue? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

It is my neighbors line that’s cut and yes it’s a large hole we can’t close up since the wires are now cut and exposed 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Can we get someone out today to repair it?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Thank you for the update @user_016578. In most cases, we don't have the ability to send someone out on the same day. Do you know if your neighbor is having service issues since the line was cut? If service is impacted, we'll need to send a different technician out versus a field tech that would just repair the line for a safety issue. Each type of technician also does have a different time frame depending on availability, but we'll work to get someone out as soon as possible for you guys!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

we defiantly need someone to repair the line ASAP. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_016578 If you send us a private message with your full name using our peer-to-peer chat service, we'll be able to help out with this further! Just hit the chat icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to message us so we can assist you while keeping your information safe. :)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We were digging utilites at [Edit: Personal Information] and hit an xfinity line that was not marked correctly, so the neighbor's service is out. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_7ef7f1 We have phots and current 811 numbers. It was mis marked by 4 foot 

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_7ef7f1
Good morning! Thank you so much for reaching out to us and bringing it to our attention so quickly! We want to be sure that we can quickly repair this for your neighbor to get their service back on. It sounds like you did everything correctly with calling 811 but it’s definitely understandable having this happen if it was marked wrong. We can arrange to have a team come out to run a new line or repair this one.

Since I will need to gather personal information to submit the ticket, can you please send us a direct message?
Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here