Plice15's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 30, 2020 11:00 AM

Cable drop exposed

I had service installed at my residence about 3 months ago. While working in my yard, the orange cable drop was not properly buried. I need this addressed as this does not meet cable spec nor NEC 17 830.47(yes I work in the electrical industry and verified). Cable specs also override NEC as those specs are typically more stringent. Line was buried less than 1 inch down.

Responses

ComcastMichael

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

6 m ago

Greetings, @Plice15! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that the drop is exposed and was not buried very deep. We know it can be frustrating to have a cable just laying in the yard, especially if you're trying to do yard work! You certainly have come to the right place. I would like to make sure this drop is properly buried. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here