pillsahatjian's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

Cable box won't turn on

The xfinity chat was infuriating. My cable box won't turn on. I tried troubleshooting but it says a signal can not be reached. I unplugged and plugged the cable box and tv and still the troubleshooting says a signal can not be reached. 

Please help. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Any lights? Are you sure it’s getting power? On the proper tv input?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

There are no lights on the cable box. 

I unplugged and re-plugged the cable box back in. 

The cable box is connected to the television. The television works with netflix and amazon, but the cable is not working. 

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same problem this morning. I used the Xfinity app to send a refresh signal to the box. It took about 15 minutes to refresh, but it's working now. The light on the box was off, but I could hear that it was on. Fingers crossed it stays ok. 
it does seem like the entire system is having issues with lots of folks reporting issues with various parts of the services. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I tried restarting with the app, it didn’t work. I still have a cable box with no lights. Can Comcast send me a new box? This new method of using community forum customer service is horrible. It has taken over a day and still no one from Customer Service has addressed the issue. Please help Comcast!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@pillsahatjian wrote: ... My cable box won't turn on. ...

What is the box model number? Do you know if it is an X1 box or a legacy box? Some legacy boxes "play dead" if they are not receiving a signal from Comcast.

See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cable-box-user-manuals

and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I have a X1 Non-DVR HDMI Only
Pace Xi3
Model: PX032ANI

How is the best way to get a new cable box? Should I take this current cable box to the Comcast store to ask for a new one? I don’t see a number to call Comcast to request support.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello pillsahatjian! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I'm glad to see you reached out to us here for help with your cable box. I can absolutely understand how you would be frustrated at this point when you just want a working box to enjoy your cable services. 

The forums here are primarily meant to be a peer-to-peer support space which means it can take a bit longer here to receive support from an official employee. If you are looking for more immediate support, our number is 1-800-XFINITY. You can also reach our team via Twitter and Facebook Messenger. Regardless, I would be more than happy to help you with this here!  Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so we can take a look and see if we can get the box fixed quickly or if we need to send you out a new one. 🙂

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Great! I got your PM and look forward to your next reply so we can get to the bottom of this! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you so much for the reply Comcast Tambrey for your response. I sent you a direct message. On the website the number is not shown, perhaps I missed it, but I would have called last week regarding the issue if I saw the number on the website.
Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How did your problem get fixed? We are having the exact same issue! I haven’t been able to get a Comcast rep to help. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting advice and methods provided, but still the X1 TV Box won’t light up.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @User_0415

Thank you so much reaching out through a forums post! I'm disappointed to hear you haven't been able to receive help with this cable box issue. You've come to the right place and I'm here and happy to help! If you have tried the above steps and haven't had any luck, please feel free to initiate a peer to peer chat with me. 

Here's the detailed steps to reach us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Oh boy, I just got home from getting a new TV box, the new one has no power,  I have it connected correctly, as I've done this multiple times with success in the past. Store is closed now and I gave a "new" box that doesn't work! Frustrating to say the least. I think I have a bad power cord,  as my TV powers on, but no signal.

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Hello, @lorettastv2018! I'm sorry to hear about your new box not working. I can see if we can get things working on our end to do as much as possible before needing another cable. Please send me a Direct Message with the full name of the Account Owner and yourself, if different, as well as the full address on file.

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner.
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here