U

Saturday, June 15th, 2024 3:34 AM

Burying cables

Hello, I would like to have some lines buried that go to my house. We will be doing other work in the area where the cables will go so I need to coordinate the digging. Who do I get in touch with to have the lines buried? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

598 Messages

8 days ago

user_w0h7ks thank you for taking the time to reach out today, I would be more than happy to look into options to have the lines going to your home buried. You have reached the perfect team for assistance with this, however we will need to gather more information from you in relation to the other work you referenced. How soon were you anticipating completing the other work?

5 Messages

Thank you for such a quick response! We don’t have an exact date for the other work yet. The other work is with a private landscaper/hardscaper who will be removing pavers that cover the area where we will have these lines buried. We will have them remove the pavers so that your team can dig a trench and lay the line down. And then we would have the hardscaping crew finish the job of building our patio back on top. But I need to know how far in advance your team is usually scheduled, and how long it usually takes to bury a line (can you get it done in one day?). 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

You're welcome, @user_w0h7ks. Jobs like this can take time and depends on the list of work orders your local maintenance team have. It can take up to 14 days before an appointment is scheduled.

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, these cables are currently exposed? Do these cables run across your yard from the pedestal to your home or do you just want them relocated and buried?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

The cables currently run from a pole behind our house, in the air over our back patio, attach to the house higher up, and then run down the outside of our house to a box of some kind located on the outside of the house. Then from the box they go into the house.

some of the wires are not ones we use at all (for example, we do not have cable for our tv), but one of them is for our internet (we think). 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_w0h7ks Thank you for clarifying that for us. Okay, changing aerial lines to underground lines has a few steps. First, we would have to send out a tech to survey your home to see if it is possible, in some cases due to the location of hookups or obstacles in the area underground lines may not be possible. Since this is not a normal visit there would be a fee for that survey. If the technician finds that it can be done they will submit the request to our local line team to be scheduled as mentioned above which can take 10 to 14 days to complete from there. If you would like more details or help getting the process started send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you. I'm having trouble finding the chat icon OR the bell icon. Can someone please call me on my cell phone number associated with this account? It is the cell phone number that ends in -9204.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here