U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 5:31 PM

Bundling bait and switch

We moved recently and while connecting the Comcast WiFi the live agent offered us a deal to move our mobile devices to Xfinity. I said that I wasn’t interested at the moment because we were in the middle of moving and they said it was a one time deal only available at the moment. I asked a lot of questions about the total for the bundle and any additional fees and after being assured that there wouldn’t be any I ported over our lines from our old carrier. The deal has not come to fruition. We are being billed for more than the amount that was promised for internet and mobile have not been able to see our current bill. After being told explicitly that there were no device connection fees we were charged connection fees for all 3 devices. When I finally got through to a supervisor they said that the agent was wrong but wouldn’t refund. It’s a real high pressure bait and switch. Fortunately I have screen shots of the conversation with the agent. We are going to be putting in a complaint to the local government franchise regulator as well as our state and federal representatives. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 days ago

Good morning, thank you for reaching out today! I do have to apologize though; due to account security reasons we cannot help with this issue over social media. For assistance with this matter, please give us a call at 1 (888) 936-4968 or chat online at https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile and one of our experts will be happy to look into this for you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here