U

Friday, September 27th, 2024 7:02 PM

Being charged $250 for equipment after I was told no cancellation fee and I returned my wifi device

Xfinity costumer service has been a nightmare, waiting hours on the phone and getting charges left right and center. We got xfinity wifi for our apartment in July and cancelled last week because of insane charges and costs. When plugging in device to ethernet we received no wifi, called to get it fixed and ended up paying for a technician. Which we said we do not want a technician if we have to pay for one. Regardless they charged us, I cancelled our wifi for the next month. Then after returning the devices and cancelling I got a $250 charge, that I was not told about AT ALL. I cannot afford to pay this charge. After calling they gave us another excuse, but since my card was used for autopay I am stuck paying this fee. This is completely ridiculous and extremely unprofessional. 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

17 days ago

@user_vbfsal

Thanks for reaching out to us I'm glad we were able to get your concerns resolved over the final billing and the charge for the storm ready device https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/stormready that was purchased.

feel free to reach out to us anytime and thank you for being the best part of Xfinity!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

22 days ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_vbfsal! This is far from the experience we want you to have. I know I personally would be appalled if I saw a surprise $250.00 charge in addition to being charged for a tech visit I did not want if there would be a charge. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?  To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here