U

Sunday, October 13th, 2024 9:44 PM

Augusta, GA Return to Service

Do you have an estimated date and time for return to service in the Augusta Ga area? Last notification said today, 10/13/2024 by 5 pm. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 days ago

Hello user_mbytoc thank you so much for reaching out regarding repairs in the Augusta area after both recent storms.  We do have a state-specific site for our GA residents, and you can find this below. 

Augusta Network Restoration Timeline

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I’m sorry,  a more specific time has to be given! I work from home and need a concrete date service will be restored. You keep changing the date. When I call in, it’s says service should be restored in my area but it is not. I need someone to come check service at my address! 

1 Message

5 days ago

We will be changing service. A month to restore service is ridiculous. Why give a date of restoration if you can't meet the expectations. This service is way too over-priced and unreliable. I understand there was a massive storm, but they are so far behind, I doubt the viability of their next "expected date". Last search stated the 24th. I'm over it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_i3zity, Thanks for leaving a comment about your experience. We would love to help in any way we can. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 days ago

Along with the other posts on here I live in the Augusta area (Martinez). The lack of useful communication from xfinity is  comical at this point- PLUS the lack of being able to get in touch with a human by calling customer service is downright PATHETIC!  I gave up on calling after the 10/5 @11:40 time came and went. Thank goodness our phones aren’t  through xfinity.  Called my phone carrier to upgrade hotspot on 10/6. Lo and behold a 30 day free trial on internet (all I have/had with [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"]).They even next day air for free. By 10/7 at 11 am I was connected. As the useless communication from xfinity still comes and goes. To boast on the credit and tell me my bill is due soon. Or early payment, or just make a payment is appalling. I’m under no contract, had already paid for September 27 28,29. After all the dates/times of estimates of restoration (on 10/1 est 10/12, 10/3 est 10/5@ 11:40pm, 10/4 est 10/19,on 10/6 est 10/8 @ 11:40 ,on 10/8 est 10/14 on 10/11 I get an email (I cut the wasted texts [Edited: "Language"] off) satin a credit will be issued and estimated 10/13 @5 restoration. At 8pm in 10/13 I call and actually spoke to a human! I let him know what he was about to hear had ZERO to do with him!  He listened to me spew reason after reason why I hope the entire region runs [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"] out of here! When the representative agrees 100% with - issue and proceeds to tell you a story of how he as employee/customer couldn’t get to a human( not outage related) had tu wait to go to work and get help! My $53 credit to owe 42 is appreciated however when I shop to upgrade service it offers me same plan (800 mbps) for $21. I logged out and did it again with screen shots . I told guy last night so to boast on a credit for me to STILL pay 2x what this offer is (still profitable for x). Was the final dagger — FROM all the [Edited: "Language"] promises to the force fed daily cost of my bill credit $3/day, to the useless outage map that shows me where I am. REALLY. I [Edited: "Language"] live here but it  show no other info-(internet company [Edited: "Language"] so I was my phone) ti the app giving estimated times of 1:39am, 11:43 pm, as soon as possible, and the “updated” 1 minute prior to actual time— And the best to me “we wil begin restoration when area is deemed safe) a week into this!!!   I can still go on but tired of typing. To anyone other than x. I’m apologize for the length and bouncing around thoughts I want to waste as much of [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"] time as I can. As they wasted a lot of mine trying ti find a solution to running my business and some real human thoughts and solutions! For a company as large as Comcast if EVERYONE in the Augusta are had them they could/should have just credited the whole month That is just a blip of money in grand scheme for them. X would have 4 weeks to get everyone up and going — and no one would be let down 4/5/6/7 times just the initial shock but no cost and no expectations!  Set yourself up multiple failures of promises and a mass exodus! Go to California or to anywhere but CSRA. Keeping shareholders happy is great but when you don’t care about the people using your services — the truth shall come out — AND ITS OUT AND LOUD —[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here