U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, August 24th, 2021 9:14 PM

Closed

Anti virus

Are their any plans for xfinity to offer anti virus again for is customer's in the near future?  

Thanks

Jim

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_be7c5e, thank you for reaching out to us! At the beginning of this year, we made xFi Advanced Security available to our 20 million customers with xFi Gateways for free. xFi Advanced Security provides cybersecurity protection at the gateway level, protecting not only the devices that have screens but all the connected devices in your home. Because of the protection xFi Advanced Security provides, we’ve decided to no longer include Norton Security Online with our Xfinity Internet service. If you wish to continue using Norton, you’ll need to purchase a subscription from them. Please see our Norton Security Online help article for additional details.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Why does only the xFi costumer's getting anti- virus free? when all of us using there internet needs this protection? and at one time xfinity offered this for free to all that was using there internet  this does not sound fare to me, i have been with xfinity from the very beginning when it was called (insight)  I think it would be fare to offer this to all that is using there internet.

Jim

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out and express your concerns. Good or bad, we value all customer feedback and will take changes like these into consideration when making future changes. Having xFi Advanced Security is just one of the many added benefits of renting equipment from us. However, each WiFi-enabled device is different and many manufacturers pre-load their products with their own security software that is updated on a continual basis whenever the device is connected to the internet. For now, we recommend checking with the manufacturer of your device to understand what the best solution will be for you and whether or not any additional security software should be considered. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

With all of the years i have been with xfinity and all of the different equipment that has been needed to keep up with the changing times of the internet, i have never owned a piece of equipment that came with it's own anti virus pre-loaned into the device. When we were allowed to have Norton anti virus i have never had a problem with this anti virus and my devices not working correctly.  I had the xFi modem for a very short time, and the reason i got rid of it was because this modem was not operating at the speed that was coming into my house, so i bought my own modem and i now have the speed that i am paying for. When i took the xFi modem back to my local xfinity store i told them what i have found with there modem and the reply i got was they are aware of this but it is designed this way. I want to get what i pay for I like xfinity but i still believe we all should get free anti virus for all of their internet users.

Jim

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Our equipment should always work with the speed tier you are subscribed to, and we have released some new equipment like the XB6 and XB7 xFi Gateways. If you are ever interested in adding an xFi modem in the future, we will be sure to pick one that best fits your plan. While we have no plans of re-adding Norton at this time, we want to thank you for reaching out to the Community Forum for support with your internet security concerns. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here