U

Monday, May 13th, 2024 11:23 AM

Closed

An Open Letter to Tom Karinshak

Hi Tom,

I am regretful to write how unbelievably frustrated I am with the service at Xfinity. I have spoken with your team multiple times about a refund that I should have received - every time I have been promised my money back, and every time I have been lied to. Not a single person I spoke to was able to provide anything in writing that stated the promise for a refund they were making - a strange business practice that I do not believe any reputable company would abide by. If you are processing a refund, there should be a confirmation email stating the amount to be processed, and the timeline when it should be received. 

To provide some context - I cancelled my service at the end of my contract, returned my equipment on time, and was assured by the in-person staff and the representative on the phone  that there was nothing left on my end to do, I had fulfilled my end of the agreement and I would no longer receive any additional bills from Xfinity. I made sure to ask these questions upon the completion of my contract, and was told my everyone I spoke with that I would not be charged. This was at the end of March.

Sure enough, on April 23rd I was charged $92.22 as if my service had never ended. (And this is over $20 more than I had been paying in previous months.) I have reached out to customer support at least 4 times, escalated and spoke on the phone to 'management' twice, and, after providing negative feedback on a text message survey, even received an email from [Edited: "Personal Information"] - who supposedly wanted to talk with me about my negative experience. This was encouraging at first - I thought someone had interest in helping me. I appreciated the email in my inbox from a real person! This person asked when I was available to talk, and I provided 2 wide windows that I was available. Unfortunately this person never did call and has been unresponsive to follow up emails. Hugely disappointing. 

The $92.22 I was charged is unauthorized and the difficulty I am having in getting this returned to me feels illegal. I had been a loyal customer for 5+ years, never once missed a payment, and the way I have been treated is upsetting. I hope this message doesn't land in an unmonitored inbox, but I have little faith. 

Best,
Maddy

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

4 months ago

user_maddyh We are happy to take a look into this! Please send a direct message with your name and address. Thank you! 
To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Thank you - at this point I would appreciate a direct email. I can be reached at [Edited: "Personal Information"]. I hope to hear from you or someone on your team.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Email sent to Tom Karinshak & Jason Armstrong CFO
Hello Tom,
I am extremely disappointed in the service from Xfinity. In April I returned a Storm Ready Modem that I ordered by accident. It was never used/unopened and returned on the last day of the 30 day grace period. It was part of updating my cable plan. The clerk that took in my equipment made a special note in my file, so billing would not charge me.  In May, I received a bill that included a $200+ Charge for overdue equipment.  I went through your OneLine Chat to try and get this resolved. The person on the other end agreed I was overcharged and proceeded to correct. I was told I would get a confirmation email in 10 Minutes. No email ever arrived. Couple of weeks later I called  over the phone (which is super hard to get a live person) as the issue remained unresolved. I asked for a billing supervisor. The Agent would not connect me to a supervisor. She looked over my issue and at first claimed I was under charged in March. In the conversation, I showed her that statement was incorrect. Finally after going  back and forth, she found the original ticket and understood the overcharge. She assured me many times she would stay close to this and would be contacting me back in a couple of days. No return call. Yesterday, I checked my banking account and found I was charged incorrectly for $459 and it should have been $200+ less. Today, I called the billing department again and asked for a supervisor, I was told team leader Salma was not available, however another supervisor was available and would call me back in a few minutes. I asked for this person's name and the agent told me he didn't know. I provide the agent at his request the ticket # xxxxxxxxxxx and provide him with my call back number of XXX_XXX_XXXX. It has been 3 hours and I have not received a  return phone call. I tried to call your customer service department , and it would not give me a customer service representative. Just gives me limited options. 
I have been dealing with medical issues for several months and this issue is not helping me. I need this issue to be resolved ASAP. I am giving you until June 14th to resolve. If not I will be taking the following steps. 
  1.  Going on Live Radio with Tom Martino radio host (the problem solver) and sharing my issue. (I have heard he has a big audience)
  2. File an FCC complaint. 
  3. Discontinue after 20 years my cable service
  4. Access as many social media forums that I can find to share my story.
  5. Contact my Local TV news stations.
I have been involved in the customer service industry for 40+ years. This is not acceptable. 
Below is a very similar issue from your website, Apparently this is a common issue. 
Sincerely, [Edited: "Personal Information"] (Account # XXXXXXXXX)

"An Open Letter to Tom Karinshak

Hi Tom,

I am regretful to write how unbelievably frustrated I am with the service at Xfinity. I have spoken with your team multiple times about a refund that I should have received - every time I have been promised my money back, and every time I have been lied to. Not a single person I spoke to was able to provide anything in writing that stated the promise for a refund they were making - a strange business practice that I do not believe any reputable company would abide by. If you are processing a refund, there should be a confirmation email stating the amount to be processed, and the timeline when it should be received. 

To provide some context - I cancelled my service at the end of my contract, returned my equipment on time, and was assured by the in-person staff and the representative on the phone  that there was nothing left on my end to do, I had fulfilled my end of the agreement and I would no longer receive any additional bills from Xfinity. I made sure to ask these questions upon the completion of my contract, and was told my everyone I spoke with that I would not be charged. This was at the end of March.

Sure enough, on April 23rd I was charged $92.22 as if my service had never ended. (And this is over $20 more than I had been paying in previous months.) I have reached out to customer support at least 4 times, escalated and spoke on the phone to 'management' twice, and, after providing negative feedback on a text message survey, even received an email from [Edited: "Personal Information"] - who supposedly wanted to talk with me about my negative experience. This was encouraging at first - I thought someone had interest in helping me. I appreciated the email in my inbox from a real person! This person asked when I was available to talk, and I provided 2 wide windows that I was available. Unfortunately this person never did call and has been unresponsive to follow up emails. Hugely disappointing. 

The $92.22 I was charged is unauthorized and the difficulty I am having in getting this returned to me feels illegal. I had been a loyal customer for 5+ years, never once missed a payment, and the way I have been treated is upsetting. I hope this message doesn't land in an unmonitored inbox, but I have little faith. 

Best,
Maddy"

ReplyReply allForward
Add reaction

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, troy_B. Our Digital Care Team can help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I feel you pain and frustration! I have approximately 12 hours invested in phone calls since last November that have rendered me nowhere! No follow up calls, then being transferred to whom I thought could rectify my problem to no avail. Spending over an hour and a couple of times two hours with a person who could not even handle my situation, but chose to try to appease me while Wasting my valuable time we have been a loyal customer of Comcast for almost 20 years and at this point I have given up! The companies motto is definitely not making the customer happy it’s just simply about taking their money. This is so unfortunate and unacceptable. I won’t even get into logistics of my situation, but I just wanted to comment because I believe Tom should have , a direct phone number to speak with customers, and perhaps he would show some compassion by hearing the suffering and time wasted trying to resolve THEIR Mistake. 
I have never been one to comment or complain on any platform, but if time energy in the means or available, I would have pursued this. All I can say is shame on Comcast! There was no excuse for a company of this magnitude to operate in such a poor and unprofessional manner. 
lastly as you mentioned, the likelihood of this landing in the right hands is highly unlikely. Thank you for sharing your story and know that you are not alone. 
kind regards, 

Jessica 

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Hey there, user_fenbqg! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums, and I am truly sorry to hear about the experience with your concerns. We would love to help rectify any concerns with you, can you share some further details of what is going on? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

2 months ago

I have spoken with several reps and spent countless hours trying to rectify the issue. During this time I have been quoted several different prices. I woke up with my internet disconnected. The same day my account was charged. I didn't request the disconnect. I had just signed up for a twelve month contract of 1000mbps for $65.00. All I'm asking is for Xfinity to honor my contract. Pull the call to prove everything. They already aee I was signed up under contract. But continues to try to give me something else at a higher price and/or less speed. Each time I ask for a manager. Each time I'm told to hold, and disconnected or transferred to another rep that offers another different price. I looked up Tom Kareinshak contact information. I plan to write him as well as corporate. This is not okay. Treating customers like this. As I'm writing this communication I have been waiting 13 minutes on a 33 minute call. Finally,  got Paige. She kept saying she doesn't see notes for the disconnection and she can't offer me the same contract. I stated, this was not my fault. I would not sign up on a new contract and ask for a disconnect at the same time. I was asked to hold and hung on again. She did call me back. Doing the same, she keeps trying to charge more or cut my speed. She saying she can $85.00 for 1000mbps. Really

Official Employee

• 

860 Messages

@user_64d6a9 I am sorry to hear about your accidental disconnection. I can't imagine how frustrated you've been while trying to get this resolved. My team can help. We will do everything in our power to get you a deal that works for you. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. Thank you.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here