L

Friday, September 27th, 2024 6:58 PM

All live agents and customer support incredibly useless.

I have had an absolute nightmare of a month dealing with issues with my service and Xfinity support not being able to do a damn thing about it, and somehow actually giving me all sorts of new problems to deal with. Our service speed is much lower than what we pay for and has been for months. After having to go through the elementary troubleshooting dozens of times, a technician was finally sent out; all he did was replace the gateway. This did not fix the issue. After another dozen rounds of un-necessary troubleshooting, since I told them restarting the gateway would not fix the problem since I had already done all of that, they sent out another technician. I was told that I would not be charged for the technician coming out since we did the troubleshooting, yet a $100 charge showed up on my account for it. He determined that the in-ground cable has a very weak signal, and it should be replaced. He placed that work order on Aug. 28th. I then received an email on Sep. 1st stating that someone should be coming by "in the next few days." No one showed up. I reached out to the online Xfinity support and was told that someone should be coming in the next 14 days. No one showed up. I contacted support again, and the agent told me that the technician was scheduled for Sep. 19th. No one showed up on the 19th. I am now talking to support again today, Sep. 20th, and am being told that it is scheduled for Sep. 26th. (Update: I wrote this on the 20th; it's now the 27th and no one showed up.) Meantime, it has been months of our internet constantly being slower than what we pay for and ZERO communication on why no one is showing up when I am told they will be, and I am never informed the day of when I am waiting around for the technician. While speaking to various support agents online, I had numerous issues with being transferred between different agents because no one knew how to help me, and each new agent had no idea what the situation was and would ask me all the same questions again, even though they told me that they would review the chat with the previous agent. 

Just today, while speaking to an online support agent from "the dedicated team," I was told I would receive a call from the technician team to get someone out here today to complete the work order. I was called by the basic support line, who had no idea who I was or why they were calling me, and then transferred me to technical support, who then just told me again that the technician is scheduled to come out to my house on the 26th. Why would they tell me someone can get out here to fix the problem TODAY, but then have someone call me to tell me the same exact thing I already know? This isn't even the beginning of the problem I had while speaking to the online support agents; the rest can easily be viewed in my chat log over the course of the last month. All of that doesn’t even begin the issues I had with the billing department trying to sort out various issues, like my bill suddenly being higher with no warning and the $100 service charge appearing on my account after being explicitly told that there would be no charge for a technician coming out as long as I went through the time-consuming online troubleshooting with them. The billing support team told me that apparently the last two years I had been on some promotional deals and that it had ended, and that is why my bill is going up. I'm almost positive that when I started my service two years ago I didn't sign up for a promotion and that instead this was just an excuse to try to explain a price hike. The billing team got me on a new promotional deal to get my bill down, but it of course is still higher than it used to be. The issue with the $100 charge took a while to figure out, and honestly, I don't even want to type it all out, but that can also be viewed in the chat log of the last month of my Xfinity assistant support chats. In total, I think I have spent well over 20 hours in the last 3-4 weeks just in Xfinity assistant chats alone and still have received very little to no help and no change to the current internet issues we are experiencing. I cannot believe that Xfinity is so incapable of handling customer issues and internal communication, to the point where it's an actual nightmare to have to address any type of issue you may have with your service, billing, or anything else. Xfinity, if you read this, please actually read all of the Xfinity assistant chat logs that I have suffered through. I would honestly explain more about my concerns, but I am running out of the maximum character limit. Feel free to call me if you need any additional clarification on the absolute circus I have had to perform in to just try to receive the full product that I pay for and have been paying for for many years.

Notes:

• Actually documented 23+ hours spent in Xfinity Live agent chat rooms, being transferred constantly with no warning, and each agent speaks terrible English and seems to not comprehend what I am saying or asking.
  • Various additional charges and changes to billing, completely unannounced, after many of those were explicitly stated that I would have no charge for.
  • Almost six weeks now (it's Sep. 27) since I first reached out to Xfinity, and the same issue still exists. 
  • 4 + no shows on scheduled appointments
  • Contradicting and simply false information being provided by dozens of Xfinity representatives. 
  • Not a single attempt to communicate anything with me when any problems have occurred; I have had to reach out to myself to figure out anything on this list. 
  • Still getting charged for a monthly service that I am not receiving.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

22 days ago

Thank you so much for the info, LukasArthur! I'm sorry that you’ve had such a poor experience trying to get this resolved. I'd be more than happy to take a look and help in any way I can. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here