U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 15th, 2021 8:37 PM

Closed

Adding internet service to a second home

Hi there, I bought a second home and would like to add internet service there. I will be using my own modem. Is there a way to set this up online?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_f0e0e9. You can use the same process to make a new account here. Xfinity sign up . Scroll to the bottom and put in your address under "New to Xfinity" When you enter in your information it should see you have an account and take you through the steps to eventually link them. If you have any issues, direct message us and we can set it up as well. Make sure you are signed in with your Xfinity credentials.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same question but none of the steps by @XfinityEthan work. Going to the sign up page in a private window will ask me to sign in, then it just takes me to my existing account. There is no way to create a new one and link it. I went to follow the steps to dm but there is no chat icon, no bell icon and no pencil and paper icon. All I want to do is see if service is availble at my second home and order it, but it seems impossible to do online!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @pardityme, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. We apologize you were having a hard time getting help. When going to the website https://comca.st/3jBg4s4, you will need to scroll down further to where it says "New to Xfinity" and has a spot to enter your address. After entering your address, it will start a new order and will not ask you to sign in. If there is already existing service at that address, it will bring up a page saying service is there and you would need to click "View Deals" under "No, I am moving here as a new customer."

If the icons are not showing on the forums in the top right, that means your are not signed in. Do you see the sign in option at the top right?

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issue trying to add a second home. Do I need to sign out of my current account and clear cookies or something?

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

@user_6e9334

If you are still having issues adding a second line to a different location, I can also help you set this up. If you would like me to do this, please send me a direct message with your full name and address. To send me a direct message, please make sure you are first signed into the forums, then click on the chat icon located in the upper right (left of the notification bell) then click the pen/pad icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi there, I’m also trying to add internet service to a second home and cannot seem to do it. I could use some help.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi, user_14a8e8. We can help! Did you happen to attempt the steps that Ethan listed at the top of this thread?

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here