U

Sunday, August 11th, 2024 3:46 AM

Adding a second IP to my account

Hello,

Could you please let me know if Xfinity can add a second IP address to my account?  I'm trying to keep my modem, mine has two ports!, on the basement and use one router for an ethernet switch. And another router on the first floor for Wifi.  

Thank you!

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

2 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_s77olr, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

Dynamic IP Address: Most residential Xfinity plans come with a single dynamic IP address, which is assigned to your router and changes periodically. If you need an additional dynamic IP address for devices within your network, you might be able to use features like subnetting or network address translation (NAT) to manage multiple devices.

Do you know you can connect multiple computers to your Xfinity Internet IP address wirelessly through your router? It's easy.

Add computers (wireless clients) to your home network

Chances are, there's more than one computer or laptop in your household. With your wireless home network, it's easy to connect all of them to the internet and each other. We'll show you how.

While steps for individual computers and routers will differ, here is a general set of instructions that can get you started.

1. Open the wireless software that manages your Internet or network connections.
    • This can often be found in your System Preferences or Control Panel.
    • The wireless software will scan for all available networks in your area.
  2. Look for your network — the one you created and named — and select it.
  3. If you password-protected your network, enter your password or network key when prompted.
  4. Click Connect.
    • Your computer should now be connected.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

If someone is asking for a 2nd public address they understand NAT etc. 

Coukd you please answer the question rather than giving a non-answer? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

FrankJones This is not something available, you would need to pivot to a Comcast Business account if you needed multiple IP addresses.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here