ksuth2331's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 8:00 PM

Account Questions - Not Happy

I've been a customer at various addresses for a number of years.  I called customer service to remove cable TV because I wasn't using it, and to upgrade the speed on my Internet package.  The customer service person tried to talk me into at least basic TV as well as phone service, but I declined them both, and I was pretty insistent that I did not want any cable TV whatsoever.

She asked about when I could return the cable box and I mentioned it would be returned this coming weekend, because the local cable office is a good distance from me, and I can't get there by its 6 p.m. closing time during the week.  But I said I'd return the cable box this upcoming weekend.

I thought the package was a bit high, compared to what I'd seen online, but I figured maybe my area (Chicago) was a bit higher priced than some quoted prices I'd seen online.

I was surprised to see that the cable TV hadn't been removed within a few hours, that my account had been changed to automatic payments without asking me, that my new payment was contingent on my having automatic payments setup (which was not ever explained to me) and the same amount that was previously being billed (when I had the full cable TV package) was still on my account.

I went on the xfinitity chat to find out if it was just a delay in being set up, and after an extended period of time, the person came back on chat and told me "it'll be 7-10 days before the amount shows up on your account."

This seemed surprising to me and didn't seem right but I didn't think I was going to get anything else out of the customer service person so I ended the chat.

I went back to my account email that I'd gotten, which said my bill would be $83.00, and then clicked links to find out more details on my plan.

I found that the original customer service person had deliberately lied to me.  I am still enrolled for cable TV and have been downgraded to basic TV, even though I specifically requested my cable TV service be canceled.

I'm still paying a $14.45 regional sports fee AND an additional Internet/Voice rental unit cost has been added to my plan, which I did not ask for.

What kind of dishonest garbage is this?  It's false advertising.  It goes exactly against what I specifically asked for in my call.  It seems as if the original customer service person decided to just pick whatever she felt like adding to my account so that she wouldn't get in trouble for losing a customer from cable TV.  I was surprised, at the time, that there was so little pressure on her end to stay with the cable TV and I wasn't getting the scripts I was expecting. out of her  Now I see why.

Who do I talk to to get this fixed?  I want Internet only.  No voice.  No cable TV.  And no more games.  I'm tempted to talk to the Better Business Bureau.  This wasn't okay.

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@ksuth2331 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you for the help.  I appreciate it.

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@ksuth2331 wrote:

Thank you for the help.  I appreciate it.

You're quite welcome.  This is something that shouldn't have happened, and should be rectified.  Please be patient.  I tagged someone specific to help you, but you may be helped by some other OE.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

6 m ago

Hi @ksuth2331

I agree. That's not ok at all! First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to post to the Xfinity Forum, sharing your experience when trying to downgrade to an internet-only package. Secondly, I wanted to reassure you, you've come to the BEST team to make this right. This isn't the experience we want, and we will be sure to work with our leadership and the leadership of the first agent who assisted you to ensure this doesn't happen again. We can start by reviewing and discussing the prices of the internet-only promotions available and go from there. 

To get started, please send a private message with your full name, as it appears on your billing statement and your service address. To send a message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you so much!  I sent you the private message.  🙂

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

6 m ago

You're welcome! I just opened your message and will be replying shortly. Thanks for allowing me to help 🙂 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

A big thanks to the team members who helped me out with my issue.  I have everything resolved and am good to go.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back here to tell you all so.

But I am very grateful.  Thank you.

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

5 m ago

You're very welcome, @ksuth2331! We appreciate you for sticking through this with us while we helped get everything ironed out. If you need us in the future, create a new message, and we'd be happy to help! Thanks for being a loyal Comcast customer. Take care 🙂 

New to the Community?

Start Here