U

Monday, May 20th, 2024 10:54 AM

"access not authorized, you signed in successfully but you must be an xfinity user to use this service" Also cant sign in to the website.

I am trying to get home internet set up on my own modem/router, but am having issues activating it, signing into my account, and using the app. When I use the app, I get a error message that states, "access not authorized, you signed in successfully but you must be an xfinity user to enjoy this service". I set up my account over the phone and the support person said i was good to go.

Additionally when i sign in online, I get stuck in a loop of login screens. it will say i have logged in but if i go to account settings, there is no info available or it just endlessly loads the page. 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I have read that it could be related to "linked accounts" but I cant get into my account settings or anything to view if that may be the case. Looking for any available help or ideas.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_qbv8cc Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? We'll need to check your account to see if it's active, if you are trying to access an account that isn't active you'll see the messages you mentioned. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

5 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello! Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

@XfinityTy@XfinityBenjaminM Thank you, I just sent a DM over to the support line

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

5 months ago

email issues will not send out email, getting error message May 20 2024 was working earlier today

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Message could not be sent to the following recipients:

Official Employee

• 

830 Messages

Hey there, ViAnn! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear about the experience with your emails. Can you share with us any troubleshooting steps you have completed?

2 Messages

27 days ago

I am getting the exact same errors! So frustrating! And got charged for a month service that I didn't even get to use because of this error!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_bq5xn0! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues activating your service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

4 Messages

5 days ago

@XfinityBenjaminM @XfinityTy I’m getting the same exact issue. How can I chat with a live agent who’s NOT a bot to navigate through this?

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@yslhex Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We definitely want to help you with any issues you're experiencing. Can you please provide more details on the issue you're experiencing? The more information you can provide, the better we will be able to help you find a resolution. 

4 Messages

I get an "Access not Authorized" error message when trying to log in through the Xfinity app. Underneath it says "You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service".

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@yslhex Thank you for clarifying that, I'd like to get some account specific information to investigate this further. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
A "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

4 Messages

4 Messages

@XfinityBillie I haven't received any reply. How long is this going to take?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here