U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 8:35 PM

abominable customer service

How do I actually register a complaint about the customer service experience to someone at a supervisor level? I see the standard response from the Xfinity team in this forum is to click on the Direct Message icon into top right next to the bell. As several people comment, THERE IS NO DIRECT MESSAGE ICON.

I must say that every phone agent is polite and uses the formulaic phrases so I should 'rest assured' that I am being taken care of. But there are so many errors, inconsistencies, misdirections, maybe even lies, throughout the process that I end up being furious when I have called about what is really a minor item. Here are my beefs from my 3 recent calls (total maybe 2 hours) about a trivial matter:

1 - The first agent couldn't answer my request, but said he'd get back to me within 24 hours. He didn't.

2 - The second agent said she'd found exactly what I wanted and was emailing it to me (might take 1-2 days - why?). It never came.

3 - The third agent echoed the first, said the second one had misled me. When I asked how to complain to a supervisor, she told me to text CALLBACK to 266278, and I'd get a callback avoiding the automated system. Wrong! It took me to the Virtual Assistant.

4 - The text Virtual Assistant said it'd try to answer my issue, but would "put me in touch with a live agent if you need more assistance". That possibility never happened.

5 - Every call, it took 5+ minutes of running in circles to turn down the Virtual Assistant, and get to a live agent ("We can put you in touch with a live agent at any time" -- Ha!). Frustrated, hackles up - not the best mood to be in to start a conversation.

Someone at a supervisor level needs to know how many <Edited: Language> customers you have. So where is the link for a Direct Message??

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

24 days ago

Hello, @user_okrre1! Thank you for reaching out about your experience in trying to get your concern resolved. I apologize that happened and understand it would be a frustrating thing to have happen. That is not something we want for any of our customers. We would be happy to help you here.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

The Direct Message Icon is in the white banner, to the right of Xfinity and to the left of the purple Xfinity logo and bell icon. If you hover over it, it will show Direct Messaging.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

24 days ago

I just left an xfinity store after my 10 minute consult on an appointment I set with them a few days ago.  I went in to find out if there was any way I could lower my bill.  The rep I talked to (Romeo) was half asleep, could not answer my questions without an "I think", had to call his manager over once to explain a credit I got on one bill but not the other, consulted his iphone during our conversation and hardly looked me in the eye.  My last comment to him was that he should look a customer in the eyes when he talks to them so we might believe what he is telling us.  He scoffed.  I was pretty calm however left shaking my head at what Comcast / Xfinity calls customer service.  Ridiculous.  I'll figure out what I need to do on my own.  I wasted my gasoline and time thinking have a face to face might be better than an phone call with a call center.  It was not. 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @yogacat ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the poor experience you had. I'll be more than happy to get your account pulled up and help you find a package that fits your needs. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here