U

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Friday, January 28th, 2022 4:16 AM

Closed

$300 visa gift card not applied on my account

I upgraded my iPhone with a new iPhone 13 Pro on September 27, 2021. I am supposed to receive a $300 visa gift card. As of today, 120 days later, I do not have the gift card and I can not locate this on the status tracker. I have called, emailed, been on hold, everything to try and get this resolved, but nobody seems to be able to help and I get no response from the status tracker email submissions.

How can I get this resolved? One time someone sent me to Assurant Insurance, which was a completely incorrect. The status tracker does not have me in their system. The Visa Gift card was not applied to my account and I have confirmed that I do qualify.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

3 years ago

I’m sorry to tell you that you probably won’t get it.  I experienced similar issue.  Got new internet service with them in September 2021.  They had a promotion for $300.  And I met their minimum requirements for the gift card.  They even sent an email to me confirming that I’m eligible for the gift card.  But I never received it.  I called, I chatted with online agents so so many times and still have not resolved the issue.  And I’m not the only one, many people have similar issues.  The reps here in the forum would make it sound real nice and ask you to contact them.  Once you did, still no answer.  This is a shady company.  A huge scam.  

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_p4yha1​ not acceptable. You should hold them accountable. Email. Keep calling. Play games while you’re hours on hold and talking with reps that don’t know what they are talking about. Xfinity sold me a phone with a $300 agreement. I will keep calling. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_p4yha1​ I do agree with you that this is really shady and many reps are clueless. It’s unfortunate. Xfinity service has been horrible. I keep getting different answers. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Hello @user_2ee314 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. Congratulations on the new phone. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing so many problems with trying to get the gift card but we'd be happy to investigate this for you. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Sure I’ll try that….. again.  Why doesn’t xfinity just figure out where the card is and send it to me? You have access to all the information from all the other calls and chats I’ve had. and I’ve already sat on hold so much. But I’ll do it again because the $300 means more to me than it does to xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

We'll be on the lookout for your message. Please be sure to include your full name and address so we can look into this further for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here and I am beginning to feel like I have been scammed. I ended up with a promo for $400 off an new iPhone.. well today the guy tells me they cant honor it but the promo is still going on.. I am so disappointed with the cell service. 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Greetings, @user_45bc4f! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the experience that you had when you called in to find out about the promotion. We can certainly have another look into this to see what we can do for you. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Xfinity is becoming the biggest scam in my mind these days. Call every day and send tons of messages until they pay you your money. They are sucking so much of my time. But its Covid and I want my money. Xfinity is super emotionally  abusive. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

It's amazing how positive XfinityMichaelC can be even though you appear to be so frustrated with Xfinity. Xfinity must be manipulating their worker attitudes so it can try and hide the dissatisfaction of the service they are actually providing. People don't really care about electronic badges they accumulate in this forum and the "i hope you're having an amazing day" messages they like to say. Xfinity just needs to take responsibility and fulfill it's agreements with its customers. Where is his $400? Where is my $300? In the end, Xfinity only cares about their monthly revenue. Well, I care about my $300 they owe me and now after 4 months are still giving me the run around trying not to pay. I'll call again tomorrow.  

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityMichaelC​ 

so now that I called again and spent another hour pn phone yesterday… still with no resolution.

what now?  

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_p4yha1 Thank you for bring this to our attention. I can understand that frustration this has caused. We would love the opportunity to look into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Hey xfinity…. What now? I called again yesterday and spent hour on phone with no resolution.   What now? 

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

@user_2ee314

Hello! Thank You for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support, here on the Community Forum.  Our Community Forum was designed to build a positive and thriving peer to peer help community. Although, I completely understand your frustration, I do need to remind you that, per our guidelines, positive, constructive comments will help to maintain the positive spirit on these forums. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them. If you have questions about our forum guidelines, you can find our guidelines here - https://comca.st/3Gh27HR

I will be happy to assist with your concerns. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address to get started. Thanks!

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

After all this time so far this is still not resolved. Xfinity sent me an email to “like” the resolution, but there still is no resolution and I have spent many more hours on the phone with xfinity trying for a resolution. They expect me to take their word that I’ll receive an email, but I was supposed to get an email over 5 weeks ago. Still no email.

there is no resolution yet, so to ask me to “like” a resolution, well, there just isn’t one to like.   The resolution is either the card… or something in writing that provides the date of when the card will be received. 

xfinity replied on this string that all conversation should be positive. So far,  there has only been honesty. That should be positive enough. Truth. If xfinity only wants people to be happy, then they need to work the their tickets and make customers happy. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

3 years ago

To all replying here, and I am just asking, so don't get upset:

Have you fulfilled your 3 months of no late or slow payments, or no changes to your plan, after signing up for a gift card promotion?  If you answered "yes and no changes" to the questions, have you checked the rewards/tracker websites to see if you qualified?

Thanks for responding.  😉

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@Again​ I’m sure that @user_2ee314 has fulfilled the basic requirements to earn the gift card like me.  I’ve met every single one of the requirements and I checked the reward page and it said I’m qualified.  What else can I do?  The ball is in xfinity’s Court. What do you want us to do?  Call our lawyers??  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about the gift card that was offered with your promotion, @user_p4yha1! I definitely want to make sure you get what was promised. Have you checked our incentive tracker  to find the status of the gift card? 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

I fulfilled all requirements. I have called the rewards a tracker number numerous times only to sit on hold forever. They don’t answer. I have emailed them 30 + times with 3-5 response time. It’s now been over 30 days from the first email. No response.   Have a checked the tracker?  You bet. Nothing is on there about my $300 Visa card from 2021. Of all the times I called customer service, they confirm I qualify. Over abs over and over. They have to reconfirm every time I call. 

where is my card? If they say it’s coming, why won’t they email me to confirm in writing?  

I was supposed to receive:

an email:  last week two times. This week. Back in December.

returned calls:  about 3 weeks ago. Then a week after that. And a week after that. I have received no return calls. It’s apparently only my responsibility to make sure this proceeds forward. 

a guy told me two weeks ago that I would have my card in a week from that date. No card.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@Again​ they need a thumbs down 👎 option for your response. The thumbs down 👎 is not negative. It’s a dislike because your response is putting the research back onto the customer making them even more frustrated because me (the customer) already confirms this every single call, which is many at this point. It sucks up so much time for me. The $300 is way more important to me than it is to xfinity. The incentive tracker is not trustworthy. My gift card is not listed on there. I have one from 2019 and many customer reps assume that’s the one I’m calling about. They don’t pay attention to details. Two things: it’s the wrong year and the wrong amount. Xfinity needs to put some big person pants on and fulfill their obligation. I’m certainly fulfilling mine.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ Thank you for your comment.  I really don't see how what you suggested will help, because I have already tried that option.  It only tells me I'm qualified for the gift card.  And I have called and chatted with agents numerous times and I still did not get a straight answer.  Please tell me what do I need to do to find out when I will get my gift card, besides checking the reward status website???  I really don't see how xfinity cares about their customers.  Can you tell me why???  

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Called the tracker number today. Twice. Both times after 32 minutes they hang up on me. Guess that’s how they keep their call queues down. Yet, they NEVER call back. They don’t respond to their contact form either by phone or by email. Does anyone actually work in the Rewards Center? 

My $300 prepaid card is FINALLY listed in the tracker. But no date of when I will receive it. So I may just assume it’s just there with no intention to send it. It’s already 1.5 weeks late and it was so much work for me to just make sure it was listed. Xfinity really makes its customer work to hold them accountable. 

I called their regular customer service line yesterday also and the tier two rep didn’t know what she is able to do, so much time was wasted on her doing things that other reps do every time. It’s probably boiler plate for every call, but it just wastes so much time. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Never got a call back today. Still no update on my ticket. 4-6 weeks for delivery I hear. But I made the purchase on September 27. I should have already received my card by January 27. This should be high priority now that they are borrowing money from me. They should also pay interest. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_2ee314​ also, last night they told me 1-3 weeks. So now it’s 4-6 weeks for no reason at all. But they still won’t commit to either time frame because it’s not posted on the xfinity incentive tracker. As of now there is no committed date, which is as good as not committed at all on sending me my visa gift card. I guess I’ll try calling their regular customer service number again tomorrow. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Good news! I got an actual call, from a voice robot, letting me know my card will show up in 14-21 days. Now that I’m in the status tracker and I got a call, I’m feeling more confident. I can’t help but feel like all my follow ups made this happen, not xfinity. So frustrating. But feels like maybe soon this will be resolved. 

if you’re waiting for xfinity to send you your card and you’re not in the tracker, keep calling and pester them. They need to be pushed. 

looking forward to receiving my card. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_2ee314 That is great news you received the update. I will follow-up with you in the next couple of weeks to make sure you received it. If anything comes up between now and then, please don't hesitate to reach back out. We are here to support you in any way we can! 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

I wish you guys were more proactive in making this happen rather than sitting on the side suggesting we make more emails to you and saying things like “that’s great news”. You guys really should be fighting more for the consumer. In this case I am not the problem. Xfinity cost me so much time and anguish for something they should have just paid me. I understand that things get missed. But Xfinity’s process for this to get cleared up was so frustrating. It’s like xfinity tried so hard to make it so difficult for me and really set up a process to get me so tired that I would just go away. Xfinity didn’t make this easy at all. And they should have been the the responsible party. They should really give me two gift cards. One for the $300 they owe me. And another for 10% per hour of the time I spent calling and training their employees. Say, $600 at $30 an hour and 20 hours calling and waiting on hold and for waiting for their employees to confirm my claim each and every time I called, elevating to your advanced and tier 2 teams, sending me to the insurance team, on hold and emails to the rewards center, etc. So much of my time just to claim something that xfinity owed me. You guys try to make it sound so great. But this experience has been horrible. All because Xfinity’s process on the inside is just so inefficient. I’m really much more confident my card is coming. But xfinity really made me work for it. They should have just been accountable and made it easy for me to get it. It’s sad that I had to work so hard. It’s sad that you guys agree so you can passify my frustration. Xfinity should pay me for all the time I spent on holding them accountable. By the comments I see, so many more are sharing my frustration and xfinity would rather not pay. But $300 to consumers is time, food for children, rent, and other bills. The $300 to xfinity CEO is pocket change. I really hope my card comes in 14-21 days. I hope xfinity stays accountable. 

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

I understand where you are coming from and as much of a reasonable demand as that can seem, we do not issue credits or pay our customers for time invested or wages missed. We do our best to provide you with an unmatched positive experience and the system works most of the time, there are the one offs in which unfortunately we have to work to get things corrected and there is not always a straight process to get there. The great thing about our team is that because we are corporate we are able to most times offer a solution, and we stick with you until things are fully resolved so that this does not continue to happen. We appreciate your feedback and will of course pass it along, in the meantime please do not hesitate to give us a shout anytime you need us or have anything else come up. We will be in touch. 

[Edit: Grammar]

(edited)

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_2ee314​ Happy to hear that.  But, don't celebrate yet.  Wait til you actually get the gift card.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  I hope everyone would get their gift card on time without any delay, like all the good customers who pay their bills on time without any delay.  Again, I don't see anything will change with xfinity.  And I don't think everyone will get their gift card either.  

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_p4yha1​  I’m actually not believing it to be honest. They still won’t commit to a date and post it on their tracker website. I’ve asked thee people to reach out and ask for something more, but they seem to just want to spend time “waiting” to see what happens. My feeling is I won’t get the card. Then I’ll spend many more hours calling for my card. Xfinity won’t commit. And there appears to be nobody working in their rewards center. If there are, xfinity has given them direction to not ever interact with customers. They don’t answer the phone, they don’t call back and they don’t respond d to emails. This is just a way for xfinity to borrow money from me in the time they aren’t paying their Visa cards. They should okay me interest for every day they don’t pay and should pay me wages for training their employees and for all the time I spent on the phone every time I call for them to verify I’m eligible. They have told me that it’s all documented on the ticket, but that seems to be wasted time every time I call. Additionally, I have to self verify once to get through the automated system, another time for their first tier, then at there second tier (advanced), then sometimes again. Xfinity is seemingly the worst customer service. But they are quick to sell me the phone and provide new services. Argh. 

why won’t they commit? 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Still no Visa Gift card yet. Xfinity hasn't posted the expected date when this will be paid on the Xfinity Tracker either, so it's as good as "i'll never get my card." I reached out to the customer service here in the direct message, and they asked me for my account number. They have all the information they need and yet they appear to be still stalling. So much stalling. All the information they needed IS ALREADY IN THE DIRECT MESSAGE. I guess I will have to start calling daily again. Xfinity really likes to be non-committal on their side. But I make my monthly payments on time, each-and-every-month....

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

No specifics yesterday again. Going to try again today. Commitment is hard because then you are accountable. But they should be accountable anyway. Man, they are making me work for the money they owe me. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

3 years ago

Okay…. Finally the card came today. That was a mess for Xfinity, which took me hours and hours of calling, waiting on hold, hearing different answers from every call. 

After many calls and hours with them on the phone and having to spend so much time telling my story over and over and over again… they made a ticket with the rewards center.

the first ticket was sent to the wrong division at the rewards center, so it wasn’t getting updated on a reasonable time. Yet, they also just let it sit and didn’t do anything. And Xfinity made me wait until their time expired to follow up on the ticket, which was just a further waste of time because in the end the first ticket was lost on ticket hell and was never going to be answered. Just like the rewards center phone calls and emails through their website contact form (yes they have over 50 of those form submissions from me and never a call back or email response… and waiting on hold they would auto hang up after 32 minutes. That’s how they keep their calls down and keep better stats on their queue.)

Since there was no response in the timeframe they expect on the first ticket, they researched and only then found the ticket was sitting where it shouldn’t be. Waste of my time waiting. More earned interest in their pocket for holding my money longer. Xfinity hoping I would tire out and stop calling. (That’s my assumption). The wrong division was only noted because I kept calling. Not because xfinity figured it out.

They finally opened a new ticket only to tell me to wait two days.  Two days later they said wait a day. Then a day later they said 7 days. So many stories.

Finally the card came today. I activated it. And there is $300 on the card. 

yay!!! But man, my order was supposed to get the $300. But I spent, say, 25-30 hours on the phone. So it’s really like $10 an hour trying to claim something that was already mine. That’s less than minimum wage in the United States. 

I’m so glad I have my money. But this was a HORRIBLE experience. Just so horrible. 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_2ee314​ Hey Congratulations on the gift card!!!!!  So happy for you!!!  Who knew getting a promised gift card from xfinity would be this hard!?  Of all the gift cards I got from other companies, I would say xfinity is the worst in this country, if not, the world.  

I still have NOT gotten mine yet.  The last time I checked, it said it was mailed on February 8 and it would take 8-10 weeks to deliver.  I guess the card was sent from Mars or the moon.  8-10 weeks, can you believe it???  I could hand deliver a letter to Alaska in 3-4 days.  What kind of service is this xfinity?????  

I really don't expect to get my gift card at all to be honest.  I can see what xfinity is doing.  I pay $70 a month for my internet service, and by the assumed time that I was supposed to get the gift card (8-10 weeks from February 8), which it would be about 7 months into my service.  Which is about $490 they collect from me.  Which means, xfinity would at least made $190 (minus the $300 gift card) from me.  So, if some how, I cancelled my service xfinity wouldn't loose any money.  It's the money game!  

But, after seeing what you have to go through, I'm sure a lot of people would probably give up on it.  That way xfinity would be able to pocket the gift card for themselves.  A perfect world scenario.  

I'm surprised to hear that you spent so much time to call them.  That is insane!  But, I'm not surprised at the quality of service xfinity provides, because xfinity is the king of horrible service in any industries (not just cable and internet).  Just like you said, so many people are clueless at their work.  I'm surprised they still have a job there.  I really don't think xfinity will ever change their company ethics and I'm sure the horrible service will continue for a long long long long long time.  I feel sorry for all future victims of this scam.  

Anyway, enjoy your gift card.  I know a lot of people won't be able to.  

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@user_p4yha1​ Yes, I think they really want people to get tired of calling and just give up. Thankfully, I was traveling some of that time and I was able to call, and call, and call, and wait, and wait, and wait, and explain, and explain, and explain, over and over and over again. It was probably the 20th when someone said, "I'll open the ticket." That's when things felt better, but not completed because the ticket was then not being worked on, even though it was assigned like a week earlier (because it was lost in ticket hell). Each time I had to call, got level 1 who had to do their research before transferring me to level 2, who then would echat with the Rewards Department (two people had done this for me, then a third said she couldn't do it, which I told her she was lying, because she was or she didn't care to really find out, which then just wasted more of my time). One person even said "I'll call the Rewards Center and wait on hold with you." After about 15 minutes she said she really wasn't able to wait that long because of the call queue. I told her now she felt what I felt. It's okay for me to wait and hold and hold and then get hung up on. But Xfinity doesn't allow its own workers to experience that because of calls? Hypocrites. 

I was calling daily there for a few weeks. Keep trying and calling. Don't give up. Ask them to create a ticket and make sure it goes to the right division in the Rewards Center. Once they create the ticket, it needs to go to the "Redemptions Issues" team, NOT the "Promotion Team." I started to keep notes of what each person told me since they always were different. It was only after the right ticket was created that a status was updated within a week. The email in this Community Center asked me to "wait" and thanked me for my "patience." I didn't want to "wait" any longer and I was anything but patient (I think that's their way of trying to get me to be patient and pacify the situation, but it's all blubber talk at this point until I saw a card after everything else and all the other lies I went through). 

Anyway, keep calling and demand for a ticket be sent to the Rewards Center's Redemptions Issues if you haven't seen one. It would have been so much less time and easier if they just created one on the first call instead of me having to call 25-30 times. 

Not to mention the labor hours Xfinity paid their employees to sit with me on the phone, listen, pacify, listen more, research, follow up, elevate the call, etc. Xfinity must have paid out more than $300 in labor and benefits just for my calls, tickets, etc. 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_2ee314​ Man, I hope senior management would take a look at our conversation.  I don't know if they knew about the quality of service their company provides.  It's truly ridiculous!!!  I'm not surprised that the agents there are clueless and lied about them trying to help.  Because I know they don't do anything for their customers.  I'm not gonna waste my time to call.  I don't have the time.  I have to work.  The incentive center's hours are normal 9-5 hours.  xfinity did that on purpose so that many people couldn't call in because of work.  Xfinity is an evil genius!!!  I really hope that comcast would just collasped and ceased to exist.  This terrible company does no good to anyone.  

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_2ee314​ Just an FYI on the card.....it has an expiration date on it.  So, keep that in mind.  You worked really hard to get it and even though you can get another one IF and ONLY IF you don't use it before it expires, I shudder to think what you would have to go through to get it re-issued.

And I'm glad you finally got it!  Congratulations!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@Again​ I thought I had replied to this comment....   In any case, I should NOT have had to work hard to get my card. It was due to me already just by purchase of my phone on September 27, 2021 and waiting the time frame necessary. There should have never been any follow up. But okay, sometimes follow ups are necessary. There should have NEVER had to be 30+ calls, 50 ignored emails to the Rewards Center, 2+ hang ups from being on hold more than 32 minutes with the Rewards Center. By saying I worked really hard and congratulations, are you pacifying the mess that Xfinity is. You really should be embarrassed for being a Customer Expert, but not supporting the customer. Your comment just added frustration. Yeah, I'm angry at this big mess. Xfinity is a mess.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here