U

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 1:21 PM

3 months and still not resolved

First of all, I am requesting that the charges for my two free promo phones, the Motorola stylus, and pixel 8 phone, be credited back on my upcoming bill until this issue is permanently resolved. 

Second I am requesting that your responses be delivered to me through email and writing so I have a record since I have had many promises that this problem has been resolved, and I no longer need to concern myself, only to find out that it has not been resolved at all. 

I need to inform you also, that I have a recording from a conversation with an Xfinity mobile manager, which occurred at the end of an almost 5 hour or deal trying to resolve this issue. In the recording the manager clearly states that this problem was xfinity's mistake, not mine. And that despite it being their mistake they would not be able to correct it. 

The problem which needs to be resolved immediately is this. Back in July, I called to discuss my internet bill going higher due to the ending of a promotion, somehow I ended up speaking with an Xfinity mobile agent. They were very nice and reassuring and talked me into getting what I was told were free mobile phones, let me repeat they inform me that the phones were 100% free, that there were no strings attached whatsoever, that I did not have to do anything at all on my end, that I needed to hurry and decide, that I did not want to pass this great deal up, I am on a fixed income, a low-income, I am disabled, I made all of this clear to the agent and told them that I could not afford to pay anything at all extra on my bill other than the plan that I currently had. She reassured me that the phones would be sent to me 100% free and there would be no charges, no hidden charges, I would not have to pay anything for the phones, and I did not have to do anything at all on my end. 

This was a total lie. Again I have a recent recording of an Xfinity mobile manager admitting that this was xfinity's mistake, and that they cannot fix it. I will gladly send you that portion of the recording if you do not believe me.  

I have been trying to get this problem fixed since July with no resolution. I have been told that the problem has been fixed, and I never have to worry about it reoccurring again, only to have it reoccur again on my next billing cycle. 

I can no longer spend 4 to 5 hours re-explaining myself multiple times to multiple agents including supervisors and managers of this issue. I have to repeat myself multiple times, be placed on long periods of hold, and be transferred to new agents and have to re-explain myself again during the same sessions over and over again. 

This is what needs to happen immediately, first of all please credit my account for the next billing cycle until you can accomplish what I'm requesting. Meaning drop the monthly charges on both of my free promo phones until you can resolve this issue permanently. Both the Moto g stylus and pixel 8 phones are currently being used and must not be turned off in any way as they are linked to many important daily activities including daily doctors appointments and psychiatry appointments etc. The phones were sent to me as 100% free promotion phones, I repeat 100% free. Please do not ask me to re-explain this in any way because I already have, and I also have a manager stating that this information is in your system and that it is xfinity's mistake. 

What you need to do - remove the charges for these two phones, we were told we did not have to pay for them at all so we need that to reflect in the account and all charges be dropped, meaning both phones either need to be in the system as fully paid for, with no payments due, or the charges completely removed from the account. We cannot hear again multiple times that you can do this, then you can't do that, and so on and so on and so on for the last 3 months. 

Please do not call me and expect me to re-explain myself all over again for hours and hours. I need your response to be in writing by responding to this email. Until the issue can be permanently resolved correctly, please credit my account this upcoming billing cycle, by removing the two monthly payments for the two phones. The situation and all the hours of trying to get it resolved have caused me severe emotional distress. I will send you the recording of the manager explaining that this is xfinity's mistake, that they would try to expedite it, but most likely Xfinity would reject it and we would be stuck having to pay for two phones we were told were 100% free with no strings attached. Basically Xfinity has admitted that they scammed us that it is their mistake we were talked into a fraudulent promotion and they were not going to fix it. This is a scam and it is illegal and it needs to be immediately corrected. Respond in writ

ing ASAP 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

25 days ago

Hello and good morning @user_fheqe3. Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity support on our Xfinity forums! I greatly appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to correct the issue with the free phones that were offered to you in July. I'm so sorry that you have been in a battle for this long to have the account and devices corrected. I know how discouraging it can be to fight for an offer that was given to you. Please know that we are here, and we will help.

Please send us a direct message with your name, service address, and the mobile numbers for the free devices. I will verify the account with you and work with our amazing mobile experts to help correct the issues on the account and with the devices. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_fheqe3
To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ I can't find a direct message tab anywhere how do I do this

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here