sfziabev's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

$25 charge to create User account?

New to Xfinity internet. Wanted to add a mailbox for my wife. Went thru steps to send an invitation. She responded to the email and completed some form. Xfinity seems to have at least partially set up an account for her. Then Xfinity said it was processing a $25 charge. She had not entered a credit card, so I don't know if we've been charged on my account. Is there supposed to be a $25 charge? If so, is it one-time? Did we do something wrong?

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

lease ignore this. Customer Service agent says it was $25 deposit for new service, not for adding a User. Should be deducted from my first bill.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@sfziabev wrote:
New to Xfinity internet. Wanted to add a mailbox for my wife. Went thru steps to send an invitation. She responded to the email and completed some form. Xfinity seems to have at least partially set up an account for her. Then Xfinity said it was processing a $25 charge. She had not entered a credit card, so I don't know if we've been charged on my account. Is there supposed to be a $25 charge? If so, is it one-time? Did we do something wrong?

What plan do you have on your account?  Maybe the charge is plan based.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Contacted an Xfinity agent.
Turns out it was deposit for new service that will be deducted from my first bill. It popped up as "processing $25 payment" at the time of adding wife's email, so we assumed it was connected to that action. But it was not.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here