BreadBing's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 2, 2021 11:00 PM

22 Months of Hidden Double Billing (Fraud)

I've been a long-time Comcast customer, since at least 2014 in California and several years before in another state. 

In March 2019, I moved out of my house to live with my wife and my sister took over the place.  I left the Internet Service 'as is' to help my sister out and paid Comcast automatically out of my bank account ($66.95 per month during 2019, $69.96 per month during 2020)

Unbeknowst to me, also in March 2019, my sister signed up for her own Comcast account and asked to cancel my service + start her own service.  She started paying Comcast for service directly when bills came in the mail.  Neither of us had any reason to suspect the other was being charged as Comcast billed us each independently.  The service representative told my sister at the time that my service had indeed been stopped.

However, in actuality Comcast failed to cancel my service - so for 22 months we have BOTH been paying for Internet Service at the SAME house.  Thus, as of December 2020, I have paid Comcast a total $1583.35 for NOTHING.  

I am unable to see any of my account details online - receiving the message "This feature is unavailable.  Your Xfinity services are disconnected." (So what am I paying for then?  Comcast seems aware that my service is not being used but charges me each month anyway.)  Due to lack of account access, I cannot even stop my auto-pay and Comcast will continue taking $69.95 per month from me for NOTHING.

I would like to be put in contact with the appropriate Comcast representatives to resolve this situation:

(1) Refund me the total $1583.35 

(2) Finally cancel my Comcast service and auto-pay (w/o disrupting my sister's service)

Please suggest to me how to reach the right people.  I do not want to waste my time being passed around on the phone line.

Comcast's willingness to *knowingly* double bill for a single service (and hide it from the involved parties) is nothing short of fraud.  If Comcast is not able to resolve this issue to my liking, I will be terminating my long-term relation with Comcast permanently (in this and all future residences) as well as doing everything in my power to escalate this to the appropriate authorities and spread the warning to family, friends, and social media.  

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

26.1K Messages

7 m ago

@BreadBing 

Did you transfer the service over to your sister by contacting Comcast and/or going to a store to do so?  If not, your sister could not terminate your service in order to start her own service.  You can't have two accounts at one address but there are ways around this which is what I'm sure happened.  So, your service and your sister's service existed at the same time, and although she was using hers, because yours was not terminated you both were being billed.  That your sister didn't communicate any of this with you is a failure on her part.  The only person that could terminate your service was yourself.

Technically, your sister is the one that owes you the money, not Comcast.  She should have a.) called you and told you she wanted to start her own services and b.) she should have told you that she couldn't actually terminate your service.  Comcast had no obligation to inform you she started her own service.

@BreadBing wrote:

I've been a long-time Comcast customer, since at least 2014 in California and several years before in another state. 

In March 2019, I moved out of my house to live with my wife and my sister took over the place.  I left the Internet Service 'as is' to help my sister out and paid Comcast automatically out of my bank account ($66.95 per month during 2019, $69.96 per month during 2020)

Unbeknowst to me, also in March 2019, my sister signed up for her own Comcast account and asked to cancel my service + start her own service.  She started paying Comcast for service directly when bills came in the mail.  Neither of us had any reason to suspect the other was being charged as Comcast billed us each independently.  The service representative told my sister at the time that my service had indeed been stopped.

However, in actuality Comcast failed to cancel my service - so for 22 months we have BOTH been paying for Internet Service at the SAME house.  Thus, as of December 2020, I have paid Comcast a total $1583.35 for NOTHING.  

I am unable to see any of my account details online - receiving the message "This feature is unavailable.  Your Xfinity services are disconnected." (So what am I paying for then?  Comcast seems aware that my service is not being used but charges me each month anyway.)  Due to lack of account access, I cannot even stop my auto-pay and Comcast will continue taking $69.95 per month from me for NOTHING.

I would like to be put in contact with the appropriate Comcast representatives to resolve this situation:

(1) Refund me the total $1583.35 

(2) Finally cancel my Comcast service and auto-pay (w/o disrupting my sister's service)

Please suggest to me how to reach the right people.  I do not want to waste my time being passed around on the phone line.

Comcast's willingness to *knowingly* double bill for a single service (and hide it from the involved parties) is nothing short of fraud.  If Comcast is not able to resolve this issue to my liking, I will be terminating my long-term relation with Comcast permanently (in this and all future residences) as well as doing everything in my power to escalate this to the appropriate authorities and spread the warning to family, friends, and social media.  

Official Employee

• 

352 Messages

6 m ago

Hello, @BreadBing, I'm very sorry to hear about this tough experience with both accounts. I know an issue like this has to be exhausting to deal with. I will do everything possible to help. We have a dedicated team that will always aim to resolve any account concern. When you have a moment select my username and use the send message option to provide your name and service address so we can start reviewing your account and bill.

New to the Community?

Start Here