U

Saturday, October 5th, 2024 5:36 PM

(1) No access to Xfinity streaming on AppleTV (2) Unauthorized Netflix charge (3) Unauthorized plan change (4) Lack of customer service

(1) No access to Xfinity Streaming on AppleTV:  I have the latest Apple TV - 4K streaming box (tvOS software) and it is connected to my Xfinity Wifi.

- After I enter the activation code, on the www.xfinity.com/authorize page, it logs me in for 1 second and then kicks me out.  

- I have completed a reset of my Apple TV, reinstalled Xfinity streaming, and rebooted everything!

- Spoken to Xfinity chat rep who had no idea what’s going on and just took me through endless cycles of reinstalling and rebooting.

Chat rep promised Xfinity would run diagnostic tests and a service rep would get back to me. Alas, no response.!

- Visited Xfinity store and the rep couldn't help at all. Instead, he immediately attempted to upsell services, asking what individual TV channels we wanted.

- Found out later he made an unauthorized Netflix charge to mycredit card and made a change in our monthly plan, which resulted in an increase of almost $100 in my monthly bill.

(2) Unauthorized Netflix Charge & (3) Unauthorized Monthly Plan Change:  Visited Xfinity store to discuss the streaming issue.

- In-store employee could not help and immediately started to upsell services, asking what TV channels we wanted. Unclear, insistent, totally confusing.

- Worse yet, I returned home to find the in-store employee had made:

(a) an unauthorized Netflix charge to my credit card

(b) an unauthorized change to my Xfinity monthly plan (a nearly $100 increase)

- Employee never asked for my agreement to the charge/change; never asked us to verify the plan; never asked us to sign anything.

- Spoke to Xfinity rep by phone who promised a supervisor would call me back. Again, no call back!!

(4) Poor Customer Service:

I am paying for a streaming service that I am not receiving.

I am burdened with trying to get an Xfinity unauthorized charge corrected.

I am burdened by trying to get an unauthorized monthly plan change corrected.

- Impossible to get knowledgeable Xfinity service from reps in-store, through online chat, or by phone.

- Xfinity customer service management/supervisor is unresponsive. 

- This is especially alarming when the issues involve unauthorized actions.

Unconscionable that Xfinity has not rectified our issues.

Please have a Billing manager call us!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

13 days ago

user_j2qxd9 Hello! Thank you for reaching out and we are sorry to hear of the experience you are having. Since you mentioned several issues you're going through, please send a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

7 days ago

UPDATE: We have "Xed" out Xfinity. Cancelled forever.

- Our decision was made after a week of endless hours of trying, with no luck, to talk with a management staff member who would have the authority to resolve our issues. 

- While customer rep online chat and phone assistants tried their best to get us to the right person, it never worked out (e.g., up to 4-hour waits for promised supervisor callbacks that did not happen, a hangup by a customer rep, calls with supervisors that were disconnected before issues addressed and no callbacks, a vague reference to senior citizens who may be confused (very troublesome, what was that about??).

- One staff member exceeded expectations - Faye, Customer Solutions. We are appreciative of her competent and friendly service. She managed to solve one problem in 5 minutes!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_yzszny Good morning, Happy Friday! Thank you for providing an update on your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve our customers experience with our products, services, and support channels. If you need any assistance in the future, we are here 7 days a week to support you. Have a great weekend! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here