U

Wednesday, July 17th, 2024 11:19 AM

Xfinity's unfair pricing. Forcing me to cancel.

I have several vacation rentals, and Xfinity has raised my rate from $175 to $275 for all properties, even though my services have not changed. I understand that rates need to go up over time, but a 60% increase in a year should be illegal, especially since Xfinity has created a monopoly with the cable boxes, which you are required to rent. I have been a customer for decades with multiple accounts, but I will now cancel Xfinity once I have alternatives set up.

How can Xfinity justify this? My main home in Tennessee has one gig Internet, and our services were just reduced from $99 to $79 per month. I pay $80 a month in total for cable service. That’s $160 compared to Xfinity’s $275 for less service.

I contacted customer service about the rate increase a few months ago, and they told me to call back in a week for a promotion. I did that, but there was no promotion. I called back a few days ago, and they said to call back in 3 to 5 business days for a promotion.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

3 months ago

@User143326 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can understand the frustration and I would love to help you review what options we have available for you to help lower the bill. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here