U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 2:19 PM

Xfinity retention and agents scammed me

After moving addresses, I was planning on cancelling my Xfinity service and moving to Frontier to take advantage of their Fiber Optic capabilities.  I called to cancel my service with Xfinity on Sept 7th 2024.  When trying to cancel, I was repeatedly offered increasingly lower and lower pricing per month for the same speed I currently had (800mbps).  Eventually the agent offered me $35/mo for the same speed, if I kept them as my provider at my new address.  $35/mo was a good price and made me reconsider switching.  I agreed.

Fast forward to now, I was charged $60/mo for my internet bill.  When reaching out to an agent to settle the discrepancy, I was assured it must be an error.  She sent me a contract to sign so that I could start paying $35/mo for the service.  I looked it over, and it was detailing $55/mo, not $35.  I expressed my concern, and said I was reluctant to sign as this isn't the price she was telling me.  I wanted to make sure we were looking at the same document.  She assured me if I signed it that the detailed $55/mo for 24mo for 800mbps would come down to $35/mo for 24mo after discounts.  I signed, then a month later I was charged almost double.

Every agent I've reached out to since then has given me the run-around and told me my plan is for $50/mo.  Eventually I came across one guy that finally told me straight-up that they lied to me.  Lying to retain an account and stealing money is what these guys are about.  Oh, and here is the conversation with the agent.  Never believe a word Xfinity says.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

18 days ago

Hello @user_942d58

This is not the experience we want for our customers and I would like the opportunity to research this and make sure it does not happen again. I would like to ask some questions and collect some information on this interaction. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here