U

Wednesday, October 9th, 2024 11:49 AM

Xfinity refuses to process my cancellation request and equipment return

On September 23, 2024, I requested my service to be cancelled because I moved to a different area of the USA where Xfinity Comcast is not offered. I received a confirmation email from Xfinity stating that my cancellation request was being processed.

On September 25, 2024, I went to a UPS Store, and they shipped my equipment to be returned to Xfinity. I received a confirmation email from Xfinity stating that my equipment had been returned and would be processed. I also received a confirmation email from UPS stating that my equipment was delivered on September 30, 2024 to Xfinity.

Why does my account show a bill for October? I cancelled my service on September 23, 2024. 

Why is there a delay with the processing of the equipment return? The equipment was delivered on September 30, 2024. I have the tracking number from UPS. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 days ago

user_bifuco, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support with your concern. Since we bill 30 days in advance, depending on when your billing cycle falls, you may be charged for another month of service even if you just set up a disconnect. This money will be refunded to the last payment method on file within 4 weeks. If you would like us to take a look at your account, 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "to" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here