U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 12:40 AM

Xfinity Bait and Switch

I have recently set up service with Comcast Xfinity. I opted for the $29.95/month 150mbps home internet plan and get a free unlimited line of xfinity mobile for 12 months. I setup both services and after the first billing cycle, I got 2 bills--one for home internet that is $29.95 as expected, but the other was $62.64 from xfinity mobile. I spoke to an online agent, and was told that the charges are justified and my mobile bill is indeed $62.64. I have recorded my phone call with the rep that setup the service for me and the conversation clearly stated that the mobile line is going to be free for 12 months except for a 1 time setup fee of $25. I have then spoke to 2 other agents on the phone and they either avoided my questions or offered a 10 dollar 1 time credit to make me "happy". At the end of both phone calls, they offered to transfer me to someone in mobile who oversees billing, but the mobile reps said there is nothing that they can do as home internet offered the promotion. There is literally no one that is willing/have the power to assist me and sort this out. I am clueless what to do now. Perhaps it is time for me to cut the loss and cut all ties with Xfinity and switch to someone else.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_buk6oa! This is far from the experience we want you to have. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here