WillKMD's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 1:52 PM

Closed

Xfinity asking me to return equipment that I never had

I received an email from Xfinity on Oct 2 asking me to "return my old equipment".  The email also states "We're happy you're enjoying your new Xfinity Gateway".  I have been an Xfinity customer previously in California since 2014, and continuing service since moving to Maryland this July 2023, and I have never had in my posession any Xfinity equipment.  I don't even know what a Gateway is, presumably it's a modem or a router?  In any event, I've been using the same Motorola modem for several years now (see photo).  I recently upgraded my router from my old Netgear router with the 3 antenna to the new Netgear Orbi (see photo).  I called Xfinity on Oct 2, and after 45 minutes on the phone they said they took care of the problem and I won't be receiving any more emails asking for returned equipment.  But again yesterday Oct 9 I received another email asking me to return equipment that I've never had, so the problem clearly has not been fixed!  I also hope that I will not be charged any sort of equipment rental fee!  Thanks in advance. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @WillKMD. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to the equipment return notifications. I appreciate you taking the time add the pictures of the equipment you have, it is helpful. You are correct that the gateway would be our modem/router combo. 

I definitely want to investigate further to ensure the equipment concern is resolved, and you are not being billed for any equipment and no longer receive notifications in the future. Since I will need to gather some information we don't want to discuss in our public conversation, would you please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for the quick response.  I just sent a direct message.  Hope this can be resolved soon!

Will

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@WillKMD I appreciate you sending the direct message, I'll meet you back there to assist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here