U

Sunday, May 19th, 2024 2:43 AM

Wrongfully sent to debt collector

I called to cancel Xfinity Internet service (the only service I had) before I moved out of my old place. I would have LIKED to use a web form to do it, but unfortunately I could only call or go into a store. I disconnected my router and modem (my own equipment) right after, just in case.

A month or few months later, I noticed that I was billed again, even though I had cancelled before the next billing cycle began, and I had a zero balance when I cancelled. It didn't make any sense. I could see in my account that I hadn't used any data or anything either.

Xfinity tried calling me and telling me I had an overdue bill, and when I answered and explained to them that I had cancelled months ago, they wouldn't listen. They said there was nothing on my account showing I had cancelled. SO WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IF I COULD ONLY SET UP A PHONE CALL TO CANCEL AND THERE'S NO TRANSCRIPT OF THE CALL??? This is why I would have MUCH preferred a web form! So stupid. Probably this way on purpose.

I went to an Xfinity store and explained the issue, they said it was confirmed to be cancelled. I checked my Xfinity account later, and the billing balance was returned to zero.

Now, even MORE months later, I started getting texts from a debt collector! Like what [Edited: "Language"], I thought this was over, and now this debt collector could affect my credit and all that [Edited: "Language"]?

Xfinity, please call of your debt collector. It's not my fault the person I talked to when I cancelled didn't actually cancel, if that's even the case. I'm not going to pay for internet for somewhere I didn't even live at the time.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

user_7ux91m Thanks for posting on our community forums to let us know about your situation. We can help review the account and check what's going on with your cancelation or dispute the charges if needed. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your full name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

6 days ago

Please let me know how you resolved this?  I’m currently dealing with the EXACT same situation.  When I cancelled on the phone the gentlemen told me my final payment and I paid it.  He said to make sure to cancel autopay so I did that.  Like you, I received a notice almost a year after cancelling from a collector (what????).  I’ve tried using xfinity live chat, but that hasn’t been very helpful.  Please let me know if you found an answer?  THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING and taking way too much time.

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

Hello user_fd6a0c thank you so much for taking the time and relaying part of your experience here via our Xfinity Forums. With final billing issues, we do like to fully review the account, so we can fully uncover what may have led to this sort of situation. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here