U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 9:43 PM

Why does my bill include a new "Regional Sports Fee" of $9.75?

A Regional Sports Fee of $9.75 was added to my June bill. Customer Service told me that this is required by the Federal Government. I do not believe this for one moment. Can it be removed from all future bills?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, user_bf0a9b, The Regional Sports Network fee is an itemized charge. It isn’t a government-mandated fee and may change from time to time. It's based on the costs we incur to provide regional sports networks to our Xfinity TV customers. These costs include the fees regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable systems, which are among the fastest growing components of our programming costs.

The Regional Sports Network fee isn’t included as part of our promotional pricing or pricing under your contract and can increase during your promotion or contract. You'll receive advance notice before an increase takes effect. Here is a link with more information regarding our fees, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I was never notified that this fee would be forthcoming.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_bf0a9b Any changes in the monthly pricing should show on the previous months bill. The Reginal Sports fee has been around for years so I'm not sure why it was just added for you. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message so I can see what is going on?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ Being charged a Regional Sports Fee but can't watch the Royals on Bally Sports. Received a credit about half the fee so apparently Comcast is just pocketing free money.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

dcarter153 Yes, customers are being credited for the loss of their Bally Sports network content. They will see this credit and an associated bill message on bills issued between May 26 and June 7, 2024.

Unfortunately, On April 30, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), our agreement with Diamond Sports Group (DSG) to carry its regional sports network (RSN) Bally Sports expired. As a result, we are no longer authorized to carry Bally Sports with Xfinity or Comcast Business, including any related programming on Xfinity Stream. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers.

This is the most updated status at this time. You can visit us HERE, for more information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

explain gigabite fee

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here