U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 9th, 2023 8:11 AM

Closed

Why do I have to pay a regional sports fee when I don't watch sports you need more plan options than you currently give.

Why do you not offer a tv plan that doesn't have sports channels, but keeps others like syf, fx, news and similar? it's either basic channels(ones that I can get for free with my antenna) 125+ or 185+, ideally you'd have one that has 125 channel plus just minus the sports cuz I can't stand to watching sports they bore [Edited: "Language"] me.

Also you shouldn't give people a price of $20 to add cable tv to my account, when in reality if I were to add tv to my account it would literally double my bill from with you guys from $85 a month to $170 a month. Other service providers are honest with people with what they say you'll pay, BUT NOOO, you guys say it'll be one price but then you add a bunch of fees on to after that add the pieces of the price [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"]

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

The only way to avoid RSN fees is to strip down to local TV only (but you still have the equally obscene Broadcast fee.) Unfortunately, Comcast often must agree to carry sports networks in order to carry local TV and other cable channels. Remember that Disney owns ABC and ESPN, and it's often both or nothing.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

1 year ago

Hi @user_9f2e87, thank you for visiting us on the Xfinity Forums! I'm on a budget myself, so I can understand wanting to make sure you have the best pricing and plan you love! That being said, we're always making changes to our plans and offers to do just that for our customers and really appreciate you providing this feedback about the content you'd like to see. We also always want to make sure we're on the same page with any fees you may see on your bill for services, so we do have a full list of them here. Please keep in mind that taxes and fees are subjuct to change, so this is why they aren't included in the plan pricing for all services. However, we will always make sure to update you if for any reason they do change. Thank you for understanding!

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

@XfinityCassandra​ My bill just increased again for no apparent reason

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

I was on my xfinity account to try to stop voice to save some cost, and I just got brushed off!

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

Doesn't Comcast care about Senior citizens on fixed income? Evidently not! They keep getting increases in their bill!

Contributor

• 

84 Messages

I've just about had it with Comcast!

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here today. I would be happy to look at any options we have available on your account from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

1 year ago

Tired of RSN,box rental (36.50$) and being forced to pay for things I don't watch. I just got gonetspeed for internet. Have a rooftop antenna that gets 60+ local  channels. I believe the latest price increase was because of locals.

I have phone, internet and TV package now. Gonna slowly wean off Comcast. Have ethernet in every room. Some rooms with multiple outlets. Looking at DVR's now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here