Cat57's profile

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Thursday, October 17th, 2024 12:55 AM

Closed

Using My Account to pay bill online

I'm seeing a message that "My Account" will not be available after October.  The message says to download an app.  I don't have a smartphone, and can't use those apps.  After October, will I still be able to pay my bill online, or will I have to start sending checks through the mail?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

580 Messages

1 day ago

@Cat57  Good evening. Thanks for adding a thread to the community. We appreciate it, and are happy you thought of us to assist. We have the best tools, just like the Xfinity Assistant. It is the best resource to manage the account and service online when we are not available. It is my favorite as I can check the service health, and also reboot the wifi for dinner time. That ensures the kids come to eat, and that makes me very happy. Here is a link that I found for you to make it easy to use https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/. Good question, and I am happy to see you pay your bill online. That is easy, and faster than using the automated phone system to submit a payment. The My Account App, will be retired soon, but you can still use the website. The reason this is happening is the Xfinity App replacing what the My Account App can do, with even more features and permissions. Continue signing in online as you do normally, that won't change. If you ever do get a tablet or smart device, you will want to download the Xfinity App in the future, and not the Xfinity My Account App. 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

So, are you saying, that without a smartphone to download the app, I will no longer be able to pay online?  I will not be getting a smartphone any time soon.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@Cat57​ 

So, are you saying, that without a smartphone to download the app, I will no longer be able to pay online?  I will not be getting a smartphone any time soon.

I think that @XfinityBenny is saying that you can sign on to your account using a computer, if that's what you've always done.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The Xfinity My Account and Xfinity App are both great ways to manage your service, but if you do not own a smartphone, that makes this difficult. Alternate options for paying your bill are shown below. 

1. Say “Pay my bill” into your Xfinity Voice Remote to open your account and pay on Xfinity X1.

2. Call us at 1-800-XFINITY(934-6489) and follow the automated prompts to pay using an American Express, Discover, Mastercard or Visa credit or debit card or an ACH transfer from a valid savings or checking account with a U.S. bank.

3. Mail us a check drawn on a valid U.S. bank account or a cashier’s check issued by a valid U.S. bank. Please use the insert included in your Xfinity bill. Never mail cash.

4. Visit an Xfinity Retail Store to pay using one of our Xfinity Self-Service Kiosks, which accept the payment methods listed above, plus cash and traveler’s checks.

To find your closest store, including hours of operation, visit our Find an Xfinity Retail Store locator.

5. Visit a Western Union Quick Collect location to pay by money order.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

The only one of those options that will work for me is mailing a check, so I guess it's back to the stone age.  I don't consider this an improvement in service.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Cat57 We definitely want to be sure you have easy and convenient options to make your payments. To clarify, you will still be able to pay your bill online through your Xfinity.com account. If you need help, please feel free to let us know, and we can walk you through it. You should be able to use the same login information that you use for your Xfinity My Account. 

https://www.xfinity.com 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here