U

Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 11:51 AM

Closed

Unreturned Charge

I recently set up a Wifi internet account with Xfinity, and I changed my plan before it was implemented. I asked if I would need a different modem, and they said no. I received a modem and everything was fine, but then I was randomly sent another one after being told I would not. Since I couldn’t reach any agent over the phone, I was unable to figure out what to do with this extra modem. Now two months later I am being charged $30 extra for “unreturned equipment” when I didn’t even want or ask for this equipment and no knowledge on what to do for it. Xfinity support is so hard to reach, but if someone could please get in contact with me and remove this charge that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_85b543. My apologies for the confusion with the extra modem that you have. There are a couple of different ways to return your modem. You can return it in store or at a UPS location. Please click this link to find out more on how to return the equipment https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/returning-your-equipment

2 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ 

Thank you, but could you please remove the charge from my billing statement? I feel it’s unfair to be charged $30 for a modem that I didn’t ask for and was incorrectly sent to me.

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

1 year ago

Please send us a private message with your full name and full service address, so we can take a closer look into this.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@XfinityWilliam@user_85b543 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line not the Employee's name
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here