U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, October 27th, 2021 9:06 PM

Closed

Unnotified bill, then collection notice from Credit Management Company

I realized that the company named Credit Management L.P. is in collection of the unpaid balance from Comcast Cable.
I moved last year from my previous address to my new address now, and I kept using the Comcast Internet service.
I have never been notified of this remaining balance even though I keep using the Comcast service.  I do not know what this bill is for.  

Due to this collection activity, my credit score was badly impacted.  If it was notified to me properly, it should have been paid in time.  I need to know the way to fix this problem in my credit score.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, I apologize for the frustration in this situation for you. Just to make sure we are on the same page, are you disputing the debt?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It depends.  Currently, I don't know what this remaining balance was for.

I have never been notified of this remaining balance even though I keep using the Comcast service. 

It is hard for me to understand the process of billing and transferring to this Credit Management company.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Okay, let's go to direct message so we can get into details then. Send a direct message to XFINITY SUPPORT With your name and the address in question. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I tried. 

I spent more than 2 hours today by chatting with 5 different agent to explain the same thing again and again.

I don't want to waste more of my time on this.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_c6e08e. We are not website chat and are direct agents in the U.S. that can handle the steps to look into your billing.

Make sure you are signed in.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I had this same issue occur and just found out about it yesterday when I was applying for a mortgage! This is extremely frustrating! Did you find a resolution?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hi @user_5f0e66. We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Community Forum to bring this to our attention. Our team would be more than happy to investigate this for you. Would you mind creating your own post with more details of your experience? We look forward to hearing from you, so we can find the bet solution for your concerns. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

I an understand your frustration, @user_5f0e66, and this isn't the experience we want for any of our customers! I'd be more than happy to take a deeper look into your concerns. Can you send a direct message with your first and last name and service address? To send a direct message click the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_5f0e66​ Sorry for hearing that you had the same issue.  I had tried to resolve the issue by contacting the customer service multiple times.  After wasting 3+ hours with three different reps, I ended up with having a ticket number (which is 053378668).  I'm not sure whether they are still working on it.  Person A connected me to person B, then person B connected me to person C, then person C tried to connect to person A again, so I just said no more.  What I heard 6 months ago was he would escalate the problem to the designated resolution team, and I got the ticket number above.  Since then, I didn't hear anything.  It seems like they don't care.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The same thing happened to me.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_d0fddc! I keep a close eye on my credit score so I'd be upset if I got a collection's notice. I can definitely look into this to see if we can get this corrected.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The same thing happened to me.  Never notified of final amount and then a collections account.  When I found out about it, I paid it,  My credit is ruined and my family an I are devastated.  All for $170.  Comcast keeps saying they will remove it.  I too received a ticket number, but Comcast does nothing,

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here