C

Thursday, September 26th, 2024 5:34 PM

unauthorized charges of $207.68 and $168.13

I signed up for Xfinity internet service in Portland Oregon on July 29, 2024. On that day Comcast charged my credit card $207.68 and $25. The next day Comcast charged me $168.13. These charges clearly appear on my bank statement with the name Comcast and the Comcast logo. The only one of these charges that was authorized was $25. I called Xfinity customer service and was told that I need to dispute this matter with my bank. 

This is completely unethical. If I do not have this matter resolved I am considering legal action. Getting through to customer service during business hours is nearly impossible, and when I do I am told this was my mistake.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

23 days ago

Hello carwhisperer, thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums today. I’m truly sorry for the unexpected charges on your account and the difficulty you've had getting this resolved. I completely understand how frustrating and concerning this must be, especially when you’ve only authorized one of the payments. I want to assure you that this is not the experience we want for our customers, and I’d like to help get this straightened out. Could you please send us a direct message with your full name and address so we can look into this? 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ I sent a message as you directed a few hours ago. When should I expect a reply?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@carwhisperer I see you saw our message. We'll continue there for now.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

23 days ago

Charging more than the agreed upon amounts is criminal.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here