U

Wednesday, October 16th, 2024 9:51 PM

Unable to cancel service after talking with customer service rep on the phone

Spoke to a rep over the phone to cancel my service due to moving. Roommates already have Xfinity at the new location. Rep refused to cancel my service because of a remaining balance despite him saying my service was already scheduled to be disconnected on their end for being suspended. Can I please have this resolved? I don’t have time to go in circles and explaining myself repeatedly over the phone. 

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

1 day ago

@user_oc953d, hello. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. That is not the type of experience we want you to have, regardless of your account status.

Even if your service is already suspended, we can still disconnect your account. The only difference between doing it manually and letting the account close automatically, is that you have less time to return equipment and your final statement will generate faster. We can help you get your services canceled. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address, so we can get that processed. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
•Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
•Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
•Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
•Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
•Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here