U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Apr 13, 2021 5:56 PM

Two agents said they credited me back the early termination fee but the balance was still there

I moved to an area without xfinity service so my connection was cancelled on Jan 31.

Recently I received the bill with $30 early termination fee (paper bill forwarded by USPS).

I chatted with an agent Sheldon on Mar 30, he said he'd waive this fee by put credit into my account.

Somehow he only put $2 credit so I still have $28 in my balance.

So I chatted with another agent Chanakya yesterday morning and was told (again) that I'd be credited and no need to worry.

Today I checked my account, it's still $28 in my balance.

Please help.

Responses

ComcastAnna

Official Employee

• 

100 Messages

1 m ago

Hi @user_cc610f, thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear you have had this experience. I would be happy to help. I will need to gather some personal information first. Can you send us a private message with your full name, full name of account holder (if different), and service address? To send a private message click the chat icon in the right corner and select the shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send the message. We look forward to hearing from you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@ComcastAnna

I went to https://forums.xfinity.com/peer-to-peer-chat and send a message to Xfinity Support but no one is answering.

Official Employee

• 

100 Messages

@user_cc601f, thanks for your patience. We have responded in private :). I certainly look forward to continuing our conversation!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

FWIW:

If you are under a contract and you need to cancel service, you may be subject to an early termination fee (ETF).

•    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and transfer service, you are not charged.
  •    If you move to a Comcast serviceable area, and do not sign up for service, then the ETF would apply.
  •    If you move to a non-Comcast serviceable area, then the ETF does apply.
  •    If it is an active duty military deployment, then the ETF will be waived when you send documentation.
  •    If the account holder is deceased, the ETF will be waived upon receiving a death certificate or obituary.
  •    If you downgrade service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you have a Double/Triple Play and remove all but one service, then the ETF will not apply.
  •    If you cancel all services while under contract then the ETF will apply.

Always read your contracts, no matter what kind they are.  This was spelled out in your contract.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New to the Community?

Start Here