U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 30th, 2021 7:08 PM

Closed

Trying to update autopay payment information: exceeded number of attempts to update payment

My debit card was about to expire so I activated my new card. When I tried to update my payment information in the autopay page for xfinity wifi previously, the update kept on getting declined with "Do not honor" messages. My new card works fine, I have used it for other transactions, so the fault is not with the new card. When I tried to update it again today, it displays the message "exceeded number of attempts to update payment". How do I update my autopay? The bill is due soon. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_916bb6, I love having most of my bills on automatic payments, it really helps to take worries off my mind, so I can imagine why you'd want to have that set up in advance. I'm sorry you've had issues updating your payment information. Were you following the steps outlined in this helpful walkthrough we've created: https://comca.st/3uuaQlW

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityMarcos I was already on autopay; I set it up in-store when I started the plan. I was hoping to simply update the payment card, but ran into the technical issues where it initially refused to honor my card, and then when I tried again, it said it had exceeded the number of attempts to update the payment. The card works but I cannot change my payment. Is there some time frame that I need to wait out before updating again or does this need to be resolved in-store? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_916bb6, I am sorry you have not been able to update your card when enabling Auto Pay. I know you want this updated before your bill is due. Is this happening in the Xfinity My Account app and at our website? You should be able to update this anytime. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It's on the website. I tried again today and it gives the message, "You've exceeded the number of attempts to add a new payment instrument. We are unable to process your request at this time." 

Bill is due on the 10th, and I've tried waiting a few days for the message to time out but that didn't work. I was unable to update payment information for a new debit card or even just to add my bank account information. I just want to update the autopay, it shouldn't be this difficult. 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

@user_916bb6 You've reached the right team to help and we can certainly assist with this payment concern. In order to get started can you please send us a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having the same issue, can I speak with someone?

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @Mharrell08. Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have been put in this unfortunate situation. For security reasons, the Digital Care Team would not be able to help update your card information online after you have received the message "exceeded number of attempts to update payment". You will need to speak with a billing agent over the phone. we have live agents available 24/7 at 1-800-266-2278 (1-800-COMCAST). I understand this is not ideal and I do apologize.

Moving forward please use this link as a reference to help manage your automatic payments https://comca.st/3uNfw6j

If you have further questions or concerns regarding the payment please send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Trying to  update my card info same card # new Exp date and new CCV. It gives the message, "You've exceeded the number of attempts to add a new payment instrument. We are unable to process your request at this time."  I guess you don't want me to pay my bill.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_317b0e. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you so much for commenting. I'm customer too and know it's important to update the card information on file when needed. I know I'd be reaching out too if I experienced some technical issues when trying and we can help. Can you try a few troubleshooting steps and let us know if it helps? 

If using My Account online:

- clear cache and cookies 
- restart your device 
- try to access it from another device 
- try using another browser 

If using the Xfinity My Account app:
- uninstall then reinstall the My Account app 

Please let us know if this info helps! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Agh!  They cannot help me either!  Same problem.  They need to reset it from their end but it is like talking to someone over and over and still not getting things fixed because they do the same things expecting a different result. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here