U

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 1:05 PM

Total Scam

I have been a loyal Xfinity Mobile customer since the beginning of their service. I had an unlimited plan but wanted to switch to a 1GB plan as I was going out of the country for 3 months and wouldn't use my phone there. I tried calling customer service but could only reach automated messages. Eventually, I chatted with an agent at the end of April and requested the switch. They informed me that since I had already used 7GB on my unlimited plan, I needed to wait for the next billing cycle to change my plan. This made sense, and even the app wouldn't let me switch. So, I waited until the end of the month when my billing cycle ended, and the app allowed me to make the change. Xfinity sent me an email confirming that my 1GB service would begin on May 2nd.

The next day, I received an email stating that my bill for April was $170.00 because I had used 1GB plus an additional 6GB. They charged me for the data I used on my previous unlimited plan because my billing cycle ended on May 1st, and I changed the plan on May 1st, despite the email confirming my plan would start on May 2nd. They refused to waive the charges, insisting the bill was valid. This feels like a total scam! I plan to cancel my plan and close my account as soon as I am back in the country. I do not recommend Xfinity Mobile to anyone, as they were not helpful at all. They clearly stated my 1GB plan would start on May 2nd, yet I was charged for the data I used at the beginning of April. I hope someone reaches out to correct this ASAP, as I am super frustrated and disappointed!

Official Employee

• 

4.1K Messages

6 months ago

Hello, user_nntl50! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into with your Xfinity Mobile billing. It's completely understandable why you feel let down after being a loyal customer and encountering such discrepancies in the service. We would like to see if we can further investigate this for you. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

(edited)

5 Messages

Thank you. I just sent it.

5 Messages

It has been 21 days still haven’t heard anything and the issue has not resolved. I will cancel my plan that is very unfair! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_nntl50I appreciate you taking time out of your day, and I want to ensure you are provided the best support possible! To look into the status of this billing concern for your Xfinity Mobile service please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here