U

Friday, September 6th, 2024 2:03 AM

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a technician from any company.

My senior citizen disabled mother moved to new apartment September 1, 2024, and that day I transferred our service online. I scheduled the service to end at her old address and start at the new address on September 1, 2024. I opted for a self-install, which I have done before with an HD box and a TV adapter.

However, issues began immediately. The TV service was not working; the box displayed a "Something is not quite right" message. I waited until September 2, 2024, but the problem persisted, and the TV adapter appeared to receive no signal. I called customer support, and they went through all troubleshooting steps and sent multiple signals to no avail. They confirmed that they could see the HD box but it only showed the error message. The representative said they needed to send a technician and assured me there would be no charge. They also offered a $20 credit due to the service issues.

I mentioned that my mother’s diamond status, which she had due to being a customer since 1997, was lost. The representative submitted a ticket, but it was closed immediately without resolution. When I called back to inquire about the diamond status, another ticket was created and also closed without resolution. I noticed a $100 upcoming charge for the visit, and a ticket was submitted to remove it, but that too was closed without resolution.

The next day, I called again regarding the diamond status and was informed that the previous tickets were closed because she was not enrolled in rewards. I explained that she could not enroll due to the account transfer creating a new account. They attempted to submit a ticket for enrollment assistance but were told they could not do so because an open ticket for the diamond status already existed. I was advised to wait until the next day.

On the day of the technician's appointment, he confirmed that the line in the living room where the TV adapter was located was inactive and in the bedroom where the HD box was located followed the same troubleshooting steps I had initially taken. He identified the HD box as defective and replaced it, resolving the issue in the bedroom. However, the technician falsely claimed he would get a wireless box for the living room. I expressed doubt, noting that my mother did not have internet service. The technician said he would check his truck, but after waiting from around 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m., he did not return. I called and learned that dispatch could not reach him, and a supervisor stated that wireless boxes are not carried on trucks, meaning the technician had lied and left us waiting.

I was offered a new appointment, but I was never given an explanation for the technician's dishonesty or an option to activate the cable line in the living room or run a wire from the bedroom splitter to the living room TV adapter. I offered to run the wire myself to avoid another week of waiting. Additionally, the ticket regarding the diamond status was closed without resolution. I was told a new ticket for enrollment assistance would be submitted, but is seems the previous one had been reopened with added notes.

Later, I called about the $100 upcoming charge, which was supposed to be waived. I was credited $50 on the current bill, but I am dissatisfied with this amount given the defective equipment, incomplete job, and the technician’s false statements. I also asked about the $20 credit from the initial call, but it was not acknowledged. My mother has been a customer since 1997 and has never faced such issues before. I request an additional $50 credit due to the poor and incomplete service, and I hope the diamond status issue can be resolved promptly.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

15 days ago

Good evening, @user_ktf1rn. That's certainly never the experience we want any of our customers to have. I'm happy that your mother has you to help and advocate for her. We can certainly look into the billing concern, the equipment issues and follow up regarding the Xfinity Rewards. Please send a DM with your full name, your mother's full name and the full service address to assist. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

8 Messages

Thank you for the response, I just did as you suggested. Let us see what occurs.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_ktf1rn, we did receive your DM. We'll continue assisting there. :) 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

Thank you for the response. I got a response but I fell asleep. Will I get additional responses?

8 Messages

Here's an update on this matter: I am still coordinating with Xfinity support regarding these issues. They have resolved nearly everything except for the rewards issue, which is still being addressed.

8 Messages

Here’s the latest update: Xfinity Support has been fantastic and resolved all issues. The final concern was with Xfinity Rewards, which has now been addressed. I am successfully enrolled and my tier status has been updated to Diamond. I have been advised to wait 24-48 hours for the Diamond-tier rewards, such as Peacock, to become active. I will provide another update once that is been confirmed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here