U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 6:01 PM

Closed

Still billed after cancelling service

As many others on this forum, I have cancelled my plan and was still billed. It's been a frustrating and confusing experience, to say the least.

I signed up for a 1-year contract, but there have been some career changes so I'm moving earlier than the contract's end date. I made an in-person appointment at my local Xfinity store and cancelled and returned my equipment on 12/28/2023. I know that I cancelled in the middle of my cycle– My cycle is XX/21/XXXX to XX/20/XXXX.

Xfinity bills in advance and my payments usually land on the 12th of each month. So, my bill on 12/12/2023 was for the cycle of 12/21/2023 to 01/20/2024. The customer service representative I talked to at the store said that I would be charged a $10 early termination fee (ETF). I'm in agreement with all this.

I talked to a live agent on 12/31/2023 to confirm what my final bill would look like, and they said that I would be charged a total of $18.17. $10 for the ETF and $8.17 for the usage of 12/21/2023 to 12/28/2023. Didn't my bill on 12/12/2023 already cover the usage from 12/21/2023 to 12/28/2023?

Fast forward to today 01/12/2024, I was charged my regular bill. Why am I still getting charged? If Xfinity bills in advance, then it means I've just paid for the cycle of 01/21/2024 to 02/20/2024, even though I cancelled my plan on 12/28/2023.

I talked to another live agent this morning, and my questions weren't resolved. They confirmed that I should be receiving a credit of $18.06 for the unused internet plan, but it still doesn't make sense WHY I'm being charged this month when Xfinity bills in advance. Shouldn't this mean that I should receive a credit of $54.29? $18.06 (unused plan from 12/21/2023 to 01/20/2024) + $36.23 (wrongfully charged to me today) = $54.29.

To make matters worse, I can't delete my Payment Method from my account. When I click into it, it says that it's been restricted. I want to resolve this matter before going to the bank to make a dispute.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

8 months ago

I would be be happy to take a look at the account @user_s0ltxo Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I've just done so.

1 Message

I am experiencing the same exact issue. I am being billed after I cancelled my account. I spoked to 2 customer representatives and they both said to ignore it... I don't understand how that is business practice when I could easily be sent to collections if I ignore a bill. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

@user_53in3x I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I am happy to look at your account to resolve your final bill concerns. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

they did the same thing to me. dispute dispute dispute. 

1 Message

2 months ago

This same thing happened to me!! I got charged $162 (including over usage fees LOL) when I didn't even have an active account. Literally this whole company is a scam. Take your accounts OFF OF AUTOPAY. They will continue to take your money if you don’t. 

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue, getting billed although I went through 2 customer service agents. But was told to "take my card info off" and to "cancel auto pay". This was almost a month ago if not longer and now I am getting charged a lot of money even though I am not using any of the services xfinity provides. I cancelled all of my services and was confirmed and this happens. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here