U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 6:01 PM

Closed

Still billed after cancelling service

As many others on this forum, I have cancelled my plan and was still billed. It's been a frustrating and confusing experience, to say the least.

I signed up for a 1-year contract, but there have been some career changes so I'm moving earlier than the contract's end date. I made an in-person appointment at my local Xfinity store and cancelled and returned my equipment on 12/28/2023. I know that I cancelled in the middle of my cycle– My cycle is XX/21/XXXX to XX/20/XXXX.

Xfinity bills in advance and my payments usually land on the 12th of each month. So, my bill on 12/12/2023 was for the cycle of 12/21/2023 to 01/20/2024. The customer service representative I talked to at the store said that I would be charged a $10 early termination fee (ETF). I'm in agreement with all this.

I talked to a live agent on 12/31/2023 to confirm what my final bill would look like, and they said that I would be charged a total of $18.17. $10 for the ETF and $8.17 for the usage of 12/21/2023 to 12/28/2023. Didn't my bill on 12/12/2023 already cover the usage from 12/21/2023 to 12/28/2023?

Fast forward to today 01/12/2024, I was charged my regular bill. Why am I still getting charged? If Xfinity bills in advance, then it means I've just paid for the cycle of 01/21/2024 to 02/20/2024, even though I cancelled my plan on 12/28/2023.

I talked to another live agent this morning, and my questions weren't resolved. They confirmed that I should be receiving a credit of $18.06 for the unused internet plan, but it still doesn't make sense WHY I'm being charged this month when Xfinity bills in advance. Shouldn't this mean that I should receive a credit of $54.29? $18.06 (unused plan from 12/21/2023 to 01/20/2024) + $36.23 (wrongfully charged to me today) = $54.29.

To make matters worse, I can't delete my Payment Method from my account. When I click into it, it says that it's been restricted. I want to resolve this matter before going to the bank to make a dispute.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

8 months ago

I would be be happy to take a look at the account @user_s0ltxo Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

@XfinityDena​ I've just done so.

1 Message

I am experiencing the same exact issue. I am being billed after I cancelled my account. I spoked to 2 customer representatives and they both said to ignore it... I don't understand how that is business practice when I could easily be sent to collections if I ignore a bill. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

@user_53in3x I'm sorry to hear about this experience. I am happy to look at your account to resolve your final bill concerns. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

2 months ago

they did the same thing to me. dispute dispute dispute. 

1 Message

2 months ago

This same thing happened to me!! I got charged $162 (including over usage fees LOL) when I didn't even have an active account. Literally this whole company is a scam. Take your accounts OFF OF AUTOPAY. They will continue to take your money if you don’t. 

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue, getting billed although I went through 2 customer service agents. But was told to "take my card info off" and to "cancel auto pay". This was almost a month ago if not longer and now I am getting charged a lot of money even though I am not using any of the services xfinity provides. I cancelled all of my services and was confirmed and this happens. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_taco Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I’m really sorry to hear about the ongoing billing issues you’re experiencing, especially after you’ve already spoken with customer service. I understand how frustrating it must be to continue receiving charges despite canceling your services. I’d be happy to review your billing details and account history to help resolve this issue. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here