U

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, May 17th, 2023 1:12 PM

Closed

Set up payment arrangement; service still suspended

I set up what I thought was a payment arrangement (I've done this several times before in the past) and never had an issue like this. I called yesterday to ensure that my service would not be disconnected because I got a text message about it. I told the agent that I tried to set up the arrangement through the Xfinity app and the automated system on the phone and it kept trying to do it for April 26th not May 26th. The system then said "due to technical difficulties, we were unable to set up your payment arrangement." I told the agent what it said and Cassandra told me that the only thing they could do is notate the account. I wake up today to no service. I get on here to speak to someone just to be told that I set up a scheduled payment not a payment arrangement. Trying to do that now so my kids can go to class. I need my service restored and the ability to set up a payment arrangement  please help me!

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out for help with your bill, and service. As someone who relies on working services at all times, I can understand the concerns. While we are not able to set the arrangment for you, I can help make sure you have the needed info to set one up. If eligible for an arrangment, below are the steps on setting one up. 

Set Up a Payment Arrangement for Your Xfinity Balance

Payment arrangements allow you to pay off a past-due balance on a convenient date while allowing you to continue enjoying your Xfinity services.

Set Up a Payment Arrangement

If you need more time to pay your past due balance – and if you’re eligible for our flexible payment options – you’ll see a card when you sign in to your Xfinity account with the option to chat with us.
  1. To set up a payment arrangement with Xfinity Assistant, click Chat for options.
  2. In your chat with Xfinity Assistant, select Set up a payment arrangement.
  3. Xfinity Assistant will explain your payment arrangement enrollment options.
    • Here are some things to keep in mind:
      • You may be eligible to choose your payment arrangement date and add a payment method later.
      • You won’t be able to make video On Demand and pay per view (PPV) purchases until your payment processes.
      • If you cancel your payment arrangement, or if your payment can’t be processed, your service will be suspended.
  4. If you’re adding a payment method later, continue to set up your payment arrangement with Xfinity Assistant by choosing a due date and clicking Submit.
    Screenshot of the calendar where you can choose a date for a later payment. The calendar is a week-view, set up Sunday through Saturday.. The Submit button is in the lower left corner.

5. You’ll see a confirmation with a reminder to add a payment method to your payment arrangement by the scheduled due date.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@XfinityBrandon​ I did all of this already. If you read closely, I mentioned that the IVR system in the app was pulling up the wrong date (April 26th). I am currently chatting with someone now and they said I am eligible for a payment arrangement. The app is having technical problems. I keep saying this 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

@user_51369a I apologize for any confusion, I did see you mentioned April, however I posted this for others when they need help with an arrangment, and to let you know these are the steps. I am sorry if you are having trouble with the arrangment. We will get this sorted out in our direct messaging, thank you! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

No it's not a problem! Thank you for responding back to me. I'm just frustrated. Didn't mean to snap at you

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Update: nothing has been fixed. I was told that I would have to keep trying to set my payment arrangement through the app until "it" accepts it. Looking into contacting corporate 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_51369a 

Please don't make multiple posts on the same subject as that is considered spamming, especially doing a copy/paste of the message, and is against the Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  Doing so could get you banned from the Forums without getting the help you might need.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@Again​ I didn't spam anything. This is my updated post for my current situation. Maybe yall should try fixing the problem instead of accusing me of spamming. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_51369a 

Maybe it would be better to downgrade your plan for a while until you are able to afford what you have now.  Lots of people are having to do that right now, not because they want to, but because they need to.  Or maybe it's time to look at other alternatives?

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@Again​ or maybe the problem should get fixed. I've read more than just my post about the same situation as mine. I am not the only one going thru this. It's apparent that you all aren't trying to help any of us. I will be finding a way to contact corporate and yeah I've thought about downgrading to the point of finding another service. I worked for this company so I know the policies and this is so different from when I was there

3 Messages

1 year ago

My service has been disconnected for a $434.00 bill but I would like my Internet back on but don't have the whole full balance of that to pay up front .Can I set up payments to pay it down till I get balance lower.?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @user_snaj2g ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. Thank you for your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'll be more than happy to look into your request to set up a payment plan. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here