I

2 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 12:27 AM

Closed

Service Cancellation

Spent two days trying to cancel auto pay. It was such a a bad time that I got CenturyLink fibre and am canceling my service.

Canceling has been such a hassle, that this is the only way I have of cancelling - notifying the company via a forum post.

I actually had to read the websites code for this and YIKES that's probably illegal.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

@I_Hate_ISPs We hate to hear of the issues you were running into with autopay and that you are looking to cancel your services. There are multiple different ways that you can go about canceling your services like using our chat via the Xfinity app/website, calling 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489), visiting a local service center, or of course working with our team here to assist via social media. We would like to further assist you with this and learn more about your experience. Can you please send us a direct message with your full name and address? To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

The Max app has become unusable.  i have to continuously sign in to my own tv on the comcast platform vs smart tv platform.  and everytime i get secondary user error.  going to cancel all services.  so horrible.  800 number says go to store, store says call 800 number.  nothing but crooks robbing me of my money while blocking me from the service i overpay for.  no more….

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around @user_3cljmj . Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityKatie​ Except the chat app doesn't work. It forces you to engage with a call back in order to 'justify' why you're cancelling. This is absolutely unethical and INACCESSIBLE. What is a hard of hearing or deaf person supposed to do? You MUST add a service cancellation option on the website. I shouldn't have to convince a person that cancelling is actually what I want. Absolutely unbelievable.

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_kdazaw Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

7 months ago

Online chat throws fake error messages and runs empty processes designed, seemingly, to damage mobile devices (I read the code) work and phone representatives refused to cancel service instead offering different services.

This is unacceptable, pathetic, cowardly, and possibly illegal.

Cancel my service, don't forward me to a refusal to cancel my service elsewhere.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@I_Hate_ISPs We will need to access and verify your account to be able to process this change. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

1 Message

Stop xfinity and where to take equipment 

1 Message

6 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"], when you try to cancel they open a chat window and the chat bot goes around and around until it says you will need to call. Try to call and the page you are directed to times out. I wonder how much extra time people are billed for because it takes two or three days to finally cancel service. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, @user_8lxc27. This is not the experience we would like you to have, and I'd like to help make this right. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address?

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

I feel like I am losing my mind. I can't find the direct message link to then send a note about cancelling my services. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jryanvt78 here is a step by step on how you can message us with an example:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

1 Message

this is absolutely insane, unethical behavior from one of the biggest (by revenue and DEBT) companies in America. This is why the country isn't great anymore

2 Messages

@jryanvt78​ It's not a pen & paper, it's a little squareish messaging bubble. Doesn't appear for a while until you refresh the page.

2 Messages

4 months ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"], cant cancel, keep telling me to call back, Im done and reporting to BBB.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_0aqh2s, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY. I am sorry to learn that we have made you feel this way. We will surely miss your business. We can help turn that round. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

2 Messages

Cable/internet needs to be turned off on June 1, pro rate the charges and I will not pay 1 day past the 1st.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_0aqh2s, We will be happy to help with the cancellation. To further assist, please send us a direct messsage with your name and address by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

1 Message

4 months ago

I also cannot cancel my wifi, I don't know what to do. When I try to schedule a call, the loading screen doesnt load. The chat box wont let me talk to an agent. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_u9ptsp, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

You've reached the right department, and I'd be happy to help with making changes to your account.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

I have been trying to schedule a call and the page has not loaded after multiple attempts. Why is Xfinity treating its customers like this? 

1 Message

Agreed. It’s bad. I DO NOT want to make a phone call. Let me cancel online in PEACE. 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Is pretty much impossible to cancel the service. It's Insane. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I  am also going to cancel and am also reporting to BBB. This is absurd and no way to treat your customers. I cannot get a hold of anyone. This company is terrible. Completely unethical. 

4 Messages

4 months ago

They said they were cancelling it finally after I post on Reddit. The date they said, has already passed a week ago ...and it's still on. It's been a week of trying. I guess I'll have to go into th store. Ridiculous.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_cwysocki I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue after a week. Our team is here to help. Please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can resolve your account concerns for you. 
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

4 months ago

I agree. I have had to call back to get a refund that I was owed and was charged about $15 more! It takes at least an hour and often more . I gave up and decided I'd rather to cancel. I won't be back.

1 Message

4 months ago

Cancelled my Xfinity internet but I’m still being charged.  I can’t get through their automated phone system and my phone number that is linked to the account is not recognized. So upset with their customer service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_9luazo! Do you remember the date you requested to have the services disconnected? At the top of your monthly bill, there is a date below “Billing Date”, this date is when your monthly bill generates. If the disconnection request was made after the bill already generated, the changes will not appear until the next billing cycle generates. For example, if your bill generates on the 1st of each month and the disconnection request occurred on the 2nd or a later day in the month, the changes will not appear until the next bill generates on the first of the following month.

1 Message

4 months ago

i am going through the same thing, canceling now due to the complexity and limitations of modifying your own wifi

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_0f04yu We'd hate to see you leave. What concerns are you having with your service? 

1 Message

4 months ago

Where is the direct message icon, it does not show up anywhere for me...

Official Employee

• 

824 Messages

user_hf4hwf thank you for taking the time to reach out today and using the Community Forums page. We never want a customer to leave but understand if you have an experience that is less than desirable it can push you in that direction. I can definitely assist you on my end, please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Cancel service  returning it to UPS stop service 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Gggggggh Welcome to our community forum! You've reached the perfect place to get help with any questions or concerns you have about your Xfinity experience. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

3 months ago

I just hung up after 19 minutes speaking with “Albert”. Tried canceling my service, but he offered to reduce my monthly charges for internet only service by $30. So I spent at least 15 minutes on the phone with him while he kept putting me on hold. He couldn’t even figure out how to send a confirmation text or email!

Tried multiple times to text me, then tried emailing me. I finally gave up and told him to cancel the service! This is such BS. 
    I’m switching to Glo Fiber today. 

Official Employee

• 

928 Messages

Hi there, @user_is4v0b! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum. Sounds like you had a bad experience calling in. That is not what we want for our customers! We can help get you into a great internet rate!  If you are still interested, Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address, and we would be happy to work with you. Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here