U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 2:00 PM

Scams Galore & False Promises

Originally signed up for a $40/mo offer for 24 months. Received confirmation via phone (if you can actually get a person on the line) that that was indeed my original contract. Have been spending the last THREE MONTHS regularly disputing charges for a $20/mo increase in my bill. 

Have written confirmation and was admitted to that I was outright lied to TWICE when I was told my account would be adjusted according to my original plan. 

Will be canceling next month since I still couldn’t be promised my original commitment price, and will likely have to have yet another conversation about this continuous scam. 

Do yourself a favor and avoid XFINITY like the black plague. Constantly have outages and they “work to improve your service” at least twice a month. When you’re not spending your day wondering why your WiFi isn’t working, you’re spending it trying to get through to someone via their ridiculous chat line or god forbid on the phone (seriously, good luck - but if you call the number, hit 1-1-2 to connect with someone). Even then, you’ll be lied to and have to rinse/repeat the process the next month. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they filed for bankruptcy or end up with a lawsuit soon given how shoddy their business practices are. Who knows though, shady businesses have a way of operating longer than they should. 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

6 days ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

6 days ago

Good morning @user_0x1pgf, and thank you for reaching out to our dedicated Communities team here on our Forums, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience as this is never how we want any of our valuable customers to feel. I see that you have been spending the last three months disputing charges due to the increase in your bill and if I was in your shoes, I would be upset as well. Rest assured, you've reached the right team to help address your bill concerns and review your account for any applicable adjustments as we are committed to trying to make the situation right. 

As someone who relies on stable internet for work, I'm also sorry to hear about the service issues you have been experiencing and our team will be happy to look into your service concerns as well. 

To properly address your bill concerns and service issues, we'll need to collect some sensitive information to get your account brought up and then verified so we can review your account and plan further. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further and helping turn this situation around. 

2 Messages

Where are these icons and chat boxes even located? It’s unclear on where exactly I’m supposed to be starting this conversation. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_0x1pgf  Great question

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here