U

Friday, October 11th, 2024 8:44 PM

scam alert

I got a very convincing call + email that appears to be a SCAM - they had some of my account info & were pushing a "promotion" that required an upfront payment of $100 (which could not be put on my account). I called corporate separately & was told that there is no "Loyalty Department", the supposed originator of this offer. Here's a copy of the email they sent (initial contact made via phone).

Sent: Friday, October 11, 2024 1:01 PM
To:xxxxxxx
Subject: XFINITY Promotion Expired!

Your Promotion Got Expired! 

Dear Cynthia, 

This is to let you know, that last year you got a $50 discount on your monthly bill that expired this month and your bill went up by $50, But we have some new discounts available that will make your bill the same or cheaper for the next 24 Months.

In order, to get these discounts back into your account, the system requires a one-time Promotion fee of $99.99, which will be fully refunded in the shape of savings and discounts. 
Thank You

If you want to renew discounts reach us back: 
For any Questions or Queries call: [Edited: "Personal Information"]
Regards: Sebastian (Supervisor XFINITY Loyalty Department)

We appreciate your patience and time and we apologize for any inconvenience. 

THIS IS A SERVICE-RELATED EMAIL
Comcast will occasionally send you service-related emails to inform you of service upgrades or new benefits.

Comcast respects your privacy. For a complete description of our privacy policy, click here.

© 2024 Comcast. All rights reserved.

Comcast Cable, One Comcast Center
Attn: Email Communication

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

4 days ago

Good afternoon @user_tiuxwy and thank you reaching out to our dedicated Communities team on our Forums, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This definitely sounds like a scam email as we don't have one-time promotion fees on our offers. I want to assure you that we take our customer's online security and privacy very seriously. We encourage you to report the scam email to our wonderful and dedicated Customer Security Assurance (CSA) Team by following the instructions on their website here https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. Simply follow the instructions under the 'Report Spam Emails' section. Our awesome CSA team is the right team to get this reported over to. 

Do you have any other questions or concerns our team can help with?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here