Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 8:50 PM

SCAM ALERT!!

[Images Removed: "Personal Information"]

On April 16th, I got an email saying 

Please check your card info and make a payment

We were unable to process your recent payment of $86.72 on April 16 with the Visa on file.
(I checked on my account and didn’t understand why I had the payment “86.72” due. But I went ahead and updated my VISA CARD using the same Visa card that was on file and then reached out to customer service and asked why I got such email from them. CS told me not to worry and that my payment was on autopay and she’ll send it to the uper end to investigate.)
On April 19th, I got the same email. Again I went to update my Visa card and spoke to customer service. Got the same respond. 
On April 24th, I got the same email. This time I went ahead on my portal and paid my mobile bill being afraid my phone will get shut down. 

On April 29th, I got an email saying that my phone was suspended because I did not pay for my bill. 
(Called hubby and laughed because I was still able to call him and I kept getting these emails about it) shortly after I hung up the phone with hubby I got a call from a number that says XFINITY on it. So I answered and lady on the other end told me that my phone was suspended and that I had to make a payment. I didn’t understand how because I paid for my phone bill already and that my phone was still working along with a “$0” balance on my account. So lady hung up. I wasn’t at ease so I called CS myself. And the Gentleman on the other end said that these are scammers and for me to not give them any information. I told them I thought so because I’ve been with Xfinity for over half a decade and not once have they called me about my bill. 

fast forward everyday for the past week I’ve been getting calls and text and emails saying they are collecting debt because I have not paid for my phone service!!! Today my hubby answered the phone and the lady was trying to have my husband verify our account. Hubby told her that she needs to tell us who she was and what she’s calling for. She said for insurance purposes she couldn’t disclosed that. He said then I won’t tell you my information. She said it’s for collecting debt for my mobile account. Hubby told her well we were told that Xfinity doesn’t call their customers. She said who told you that? Hubby said Xfinity comcast told us that. (She got mad and started to raise her voice) she then proceeded and said I’ll just put it on your account that you don’t not want customer service to call you. I’m a human being too I’m just doing what I’m told to do. Then “click” 
I have attached the emails and text and phone calls from them. If you have calls from this number, I repeat they are scams!! Don’t answer! 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

4 months ago

Hello aboovaaj thank you so so much for taking the time to send this out for the Forums Community! To formally report phishing emails/text messages, please follow the steps below to forward the information to our Comast Customer Security Assurance Team. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud, and other security issues.

Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week

Report Spam Emails

When reporting spam emails, it is critical that you send us the email headers. Please do not forward the spam email. Forwarding the email will remove the original headers.

Report a spam email sent to your Comcast.net email account

Webmail Users

1. Select the message you wish to report as spam.
  2. Click the "Spam" button in the right-hand corner of the webmail console.

Email Client Users (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)

1. Select the message you wish to report as spam.
  2. Forward the spam message as an attachment to missed-spam@comcast.net.

Derived from Xfinity: Report Abuse

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here